Accel pump question

6 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted January 12, 2004 - 05:15 PM

This does not make sense to me. If the accel pump starting point is right where the free play is gone. Then it says to adjust the screw in .5 to 1 turn to put free play in it. If I turn the screw in (clockwise) there is no free play. If I turn it out there is. What am I doing wrong?

• Hick

Posted January 12, 2004 - 09:16 PM

What am I doing wrong?

Take out the play, then put .5 to 1 turn of play back in it.

If you have the time and like to tinker, set it to get the best response (starting from about 1/2 turn of play).

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 13, 2004 - 04:22 AM

I would adjust it 1/4 turn out at a time and zero in on the setting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dez4ever

Posted January 13, 2004 - 03:58 PM

Sounds like I adjusted mine wrong too. No wonder it still has the bog!

• sjwr450

Posted January 13, 2004 - 07:24 PM

Out is counterclockwise????? Correct? Screwing anything, in is clockwise and out is counter. Move the little cam. It gets loose going counter. I'm going riding this weekend without the cover!

• Alabama_Rider

Posted January 14, 2004 - 09:59 PM

I want to back out my accelerator pump so that it hits later in the throttle position. Which way do I turn the screw, Counter-clockwise? How much? Does anyone have a picture.? :) :D

• sjwr450

Posted January 15, 2004 - 08:25 AM

I think it is counterclockwise. I wish someone that knew would take a look. I saw a picture that said clockwise, but to me it just engages it earlier.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.