I had to sneak this one in

Posted Image

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 12, 2004 - 01:02 PM

Way to Cool Pics!!! :) :D :D :D :D :D

• pedman

Posted January 12, 2004 - 05:16 PM

Way Cool Pics...

I believe I just found a new wallpaper with the beach wheelie :)

• logansowner

Posted January 12, 2004 - 06:18 PM

Those were awsome pics! My only question is when they offer them for sale, will they come with that huge light setup?

• ETP

Posted January 12, 2004 - 07:29 PM

Great pics!
Check out that skid plate! Is that to protect the engine from the FRONT wheel rooost??????? :D :)

• pedman

Posted January 12, 2004 - 08:31 PM

I would be very interested with this Dakar setup. Looks like a true dual sport to compete with KTM, BMW. :)

Dual exhaust - sweet :D

• cat0020

Posted January 13, 2004 - 05:07 AM

I'm afraid that the dual exhaust bike is a KTM 660 Rallye..
The Yamaha WR450F 2-trac has a single exhauts and maybe a fuel container on the other side..
I think that bashplate also hold water. The Dakar bikes are required to carry a certain amount of fuel and water on the bike before the start of each stage.
They are most certainly not dual sport machines.. I think their sole purpose is to travel long distance through rough terrain at high speed, just awsome.

I would be very interested with this Dakar setup. Looks like a true dual sport to compete with KTM, BMW. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pedman

Posted January 13, 2004 - 04:33 PM

Look at your last picture, definately dual exhaust. Compare this bike to the BMW F650GS Dakar and I believe it would compete very well.

JMHO :)

• oldbones

Posted January 13, 2004 - 05:09 PM

Yes, that last picture is a very nice one of Cyril Depres on his KTM. Oh, and yes it does have a dual exhaust.

• pedman

Posted January 13, 2004 - 05:37 PM

Those pumkin bike wannabees. There is a KTM conspiracy to mess with our minds :) :D :D :D

HOLD MY ORDER :D :D :D

• logansowner

Posted January 13, 2004 - 07:19 PM

Thats a KTM, you should know that. :D And when is the last time you saw a single cylinder engine with dual exhaust? :)

• pedman

Posted January 13, 2004 - 08:34 PM

I was in a mental warp. New rules :) no KTM's on the Yamaha page.

To be honest I was hoping for a moment that Yamaha did have a dual exhaust. Now I need to make a mental note to remove the KTM from my wallpaper.

Speaking of wallpaper....Time for new screensaver 04 edition? Anyone to volunteer?

• tiout

Posted January 14, 2004 - 08:05 AM

Fretigné just won today's stage. He stunned all the KTMs. He is 10th overall now.

• pedman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 07:06 PM

And he is a rookie :D

Go Fretigné :)

• tiout

Posted January 18, 2004 - 07:05 PM

A Yamaha boy won the Dakar: Stephane Peterhansel
He is often considered as one of the most talented motorcycle rider of his time. He started as a skateboard champ in France....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.