New WR owner from Michigan

56 replies to this topic
  • XMXZX

Posted March 28, 2014 - 10:10 AM

Got the Sicass kit last night. Looks good to me and very simple to install. All of the connections are clearly labeled .Power comes from teeing between the headlight harness. The switch for the headlights and horn seems a little cheesy especially compared to the domino switch that's used for the integrated start/stop switch. I would like to see a domino switch for the lights, too, then I wouldn't have any complaints.
Here's a few pics.

Looks pretty good.  THinking about ordering the same thing.  Let me know how the install goes.  Thanks for the pics.

• 5270ADVRIDER

Posted March 29, 2014 - 06:45 PM

I just bought a GYTR tuner to keep in my gear bag. If anyone wants to hook up for a ride sometime and try out a few maps that's cool. I live in southwest Michigan and ride Cedar Creek mostly. Planning to branch out with the new ride this year though. 

• 3Deuces

Posted March 31, 2014 - 03:33 AM

Got the Sicass kit installed this weekend along with .52 fork springs and a 6.0 shock spring.  Also greased all of the rear suspension linkage bearings with Belray waterproof grease. The Sicass kit and start/stop switch went on without a hitch. Hardest part was installing the rear brake light switch, and that wasn't even that difficult.

All of the wire lengths were spot on and the connectors mated up perfectly, all in all I'm very pleased.  Just need to get that inspection and plate!

Edited by 3Deuces, March 31, 2014 - 03:34 AM.

• XMXZX

Posted April 07, 2014 - 04:20 AM

Installed my sicass kit this weekend and it went pretty well.  Just have two questions and i attached a couple pics.  Is this how the rear tail light goes on?  Those spacers first and then the mount.  There is a small gap between the tail light and the fender.  Just not sure if it is right but do not see any other way it could go on. 

The other question is the break light switch wire.  How did you route it so it was not so close to the exhaust?  I have mine kind of on the outside of the frame than ran it behind the number plate.  I am just worried that my boot will rub on the wire and if i routed it on the inside the pipe would be too hot for it. I will try and get a pic of this too.

Thanksphoto 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Edited by XMXZX, April 07, 2014 - 04:21 AM.

• 3Deuces

Posted April 07, 2014 - 04:27 AM

I put the tail light on first then slid the rubber spacers on followed by the washers and screws.
I the wire I routed up the back side of the subfame tube, I think.

• XMXZX

Posted April 21, 2014 - 06:23 AM

Can you just have a cop from a local police department sign off on your bike?  Do just take it up there or do you have to schedule an apointment?  I printed the form off of the SOS website and have it all filled out. 

• 3Deuces

Posted April 21, 2014 - 07:05 AM

Have the cop come to your house. When you go to SOS make sure you have a letter from your any lien holders stating its ok for you to re-title the bike. You need all the receipts for the parts you added and a letter stating you did the work. I just went through all of this on Friday.

• XMXZX

Posted April 21, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Have the cop come to your house. When you go to SOS make sure you have a letter from your any lien holders stating its ok for you to re-title the bike. You need all the receipts for the parts you added and a letter stating you did the work. I just went through all of this on Friday.

Thanks for the info.  One problem I have is the receipts.  The tires are old ones I had no way to get a receipt for those.  I could call sicass and get a new one printed maybe.  Not sure how much of a problem no receipts is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 3Deuces

Posted April 21, 2014 - 09:45 AM

I wouldn't worry about the tires. As long as you have the receipts from sicass, you'll be fine. Just rode mine to work on the stock mx51's! Mostly dirt, though.

• XMXZX

Posted May 13, 2014 - 09:51 AM

3Deuces

I went to SOS a couple weeks ago and I had everything I needed but they had to send in all the paperwork and the person said it would be 3 to 4 weeks before I get the new title in the mail.  Once i get the title i could go back and get a plate.  Was this the same process for you?

• 3Deuces

Posted May 13, 2014 - 10:19 AM

Nope. After getting the the ok from the lein holder, SOS retitled it as a motorcycle instead of an orv and gave me a plate. New title arrived about a week later.

• bradgross71

Posted May 13, 2014 - 03:41 PM

3Deuces

I went to SOS a couple weeks ago and I had everything I needed but they had to send in all the paperwork and the person said it would be 3 to 4 weeks before I get the new title in the mail. Once i get the title i could go back and get a plate. Was this the same process for you?

that was the same process I went through

• XMXZX

Posted May 13, 2014 - 05:03 PM

that was the same process I went through

How long did it take to get your title in the mail?

• bradgross71

Posted May 14, 2014 - 03:42 AM

She told me 4 but was half that

• bradgross71

Posted May 14, 2014 - 03:46 AM

I see your in the Detroit area, if you need a co tool and find yourself north for a ride, give me a call.

• XMXZX

Posted May 14, 2014 - 09:49 AM

I see your in the Detroit area, if you need a co tool and find yourself north for a ride, give me a call.

Thanks.  My family has a place in Atlanta and I usually trail ride there.  I have riddin all over Michigan but just don't have the time I used too.  Where do you ride at?

• bradgross71

Posted May 14, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Thanks. My family has a place in Atlanta and I usually trail ride there. I have riddin all over Michigan but just don't have the time I used too. Where do you ride at?

keep my bike in grayling and ride that area including Lewiston which is not far from Atlanta.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.