New WR owner from Michigan

56 replies to this topic
  • huffyboy

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'm in South Lyon and tried to get C&C to match Babbitts price but they wouldn't. Had to drive to Muskegon, but I'd recommend Babbitts to anyone. Great people to work with.

What did you end up getting the bike for if you don't mind me asking...If you do I understand..

• huffyboy

Posted March 12, 2014 - 02:09 PM

Dustin -

What did MCR do with your suspension and how much was it?  I havent really messed with mine yet and am thinking maybe I should take it up there.

I had new springs installed by a friend a year ago...and it made a huge difference...But I never felt it was perfect...So I took it to MCR and had them look it over..the spring rates were good...So he went through and set it up so it would be softer on the roots and rocks at slow speed and more plush for all the rest....He changed the valves and did work on the shim stacks.....Frankly...I have no idea what the hell did...LOL....I do but...I really don't know that much about the guts of it all....He said I would be really happy with it....Have not had a chance to ride on the trails do to all the snow...But it feels better cruising the neighborhood ..He told me if I wasn't happy...which he would be surprised if I wasn't to bring it back and he will make it right....Lots of my buddies have taken their suspension to him and all are very happy and returning customers so...That was good enough for me....Never heard any negative press about him...so...Give him a try....If you want....He is local and works with the pro's....Gotta support the locals....

• XMXZX

Posted March 13, 2014 - 04:30 AM

I bought my bike from them as well....How many do they have left?....I keep thinking of getting another one and making it a supermoto .......

They had the most when I bought mine last year.  It was between them and bright powersports.  I ended up getting mine for $6,700 otd after a little work.

• 3Deuces

Posted March 13, 2014 - 04:36 AM

What did you end up getting the bike for if you don't mind me asking...If you do I understand..

About 6400 otd. They were advertising them in the rv trader book for 5499. C&C said the lowest they could go was 6800 but they wouldn't sell it for that because the wouldnt make any money on it. So I really have no idea what their actual price was. The one they had looked like a piece of crap compared to the mine, too. They like to leave bikes sitting outside a lot.

• huffyboy

Posted March 13, 2014 - 06:32 AM

They had the most when I bought mine last year. It was between them and bright powersports. I ended up getting mine for $6,700 otd after a little work.

Wow. That's a great deal. Thanks for the info.

• huffyboy

Posted March 13, 2014 - 06:34 AM

About 6400 otd. They were advertising them in the rv trader book for 5499. C&C said the lowest they could go was 6800 but they wouldn't sell it for that because the wouldnt make any money on it. So I really have no idea what their actual price was. The one they had looked like a piece of crap compared to the mine, too. They like to leave bikes sitting outside a lot.

Wow. That's killer. No bought mine at the end of 2012 for $7100 out the door. And I thought that was good.

• 5270ADVRIDER

Posted March 15, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Michigan here too. I bought mine at Coloma Motor Sports in Coloma, MI (I work there too) right before Christmas. Most of the rock bottom deals were due to the rebates Yamaha had at the time. Those rebates are gone, but a creative dealer can still offer 250's and 450's at affordable prices. 

Btw, we have a 250 on the floor, one on the way, and three 450's on the way in. 

• 3Deuces

Posted March 17, 2014 - 08:17 AM

Wow. That's killer. No bought mine at the end of 2012 for $7100 out the door. And I thought that was good.

That was a good deal.  Remember, mine is 2yrs old already and I haven't even ridden it yet.

• huffyboy

Posted March 17, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Dustin -

What did MCR do with your suspension and how much was it? I havent really messed with mine yet and am thinking maybe I should take it up there.

Cost me $300 to have it re valved and shim
Work done to make it more plush on the small stuff and better all around for Michigan. So far very happy with it. Handles pot holes great lol.

• XMXZX

Posted March 17, 2014 - 10:23 AM

Cost me $300 to have it re valved and shim
Work done to make it more plush on the small stuff and better all around for Michigan. So far very happy with it. Handles pot holes great lol.

Thanks,  Going to street legal mine soon so the suspension work might have to wait until next year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • huffyboy

Posted March 17, 2014 - 11:15 AM

Thanks, Going to street legal mine soon so the suspension work might have to wait until next year.

Where abouts do you live in Michigan? SICASS makes a really nice street legal kit. I actually just took the full legal lot off my bike with turn signal. Went with just the break light dual headlight beam hen kit. Less wires. If your interested I. It. Let me know. I live in Rochester

• 3Deuces

Posted March 17, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Where abouts do you live in Michigan? SICASS makes a really nice street legal kit. I actually just took the full legal lot off my bike with turn signal. Went with just the break light dual headlight beam hen kit. Less wires. If your interested I. It. Let me know. I live in Rochester

So you're selling the turn signal equipped kit and buying another Sicass non turn signal kit?

I'm going with the non signal kit from them as well.  I read on anothe forum where someone was beta testing a new integrated stop/start switch for them.  I'd like to get that when it comes out.  Dont really want three switches on my bars.

• huffyboy

Posted March 17, 2014 - 02:27 PM

So you're selling the turn signal equipped kit and buying another Sicass non turn signal kit?

I'm going with the non signal kit from them as well.  I read on anothe forum where someone was beta testing a new integrated stop/start switch for them.  I'd like to get that when it comes out.  Dont really want three switches on my bars.

I would sell the turn signal kit if someone wanted it........Worked great...But....I always left the signal on LOL...Drove my friends crazy......I Installed it originally to use on the road with my supermoto wheels....But.....I hardly used them last year so....I took the signal harness off and just went to basic for less weight and issues.....

You will be very happy with their harness...Super easy to install and all plug and play......Great group of guys at SICASS..Fun to hangout and ride with....

Some guys have taken the kill switch off and just use the ignition button for the kill switch....Then you only have a starter button and headlight/horn switch....I may do this myself....

My buddy Curtis is demoing the new kill/start switch...The first he got had to short of harness for his routing wishes....so they are making him a new one...once he feels it fits properly...they will start making more to sell

• XMXZX

Posted March 18, 2014 - 04:47 AM

I'm in ST. Clair Shores so not too far from you.  I have always had the baja designs kit on my bikes and never even heard of SICASS.  Looks like they are local with the 248 area code.  DO you have any pics with the kit installed?  WHat else would I need to purchase if I bought yours?

• huffyboy

Posted March 18, 2014 - 05:19 AM

I'm in ST. Clair Shores so not too far from you. I have always had the baja designs kit on my bikes and never even heard of SICASS. Looks like they are local with the 248 area code. DO you have any pics with the kit installed? WHat else would I need to purchase if I bought yours?

You would need a horn and a break switch for the rear master cylinder. I don't really have any picks with it installed. Except this one

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1395148749.667256.jpg

• XMXZX

Posted March 19, 2014 - 05:53 AM

Nice looking bike.  I want to do the bigger tank on mine too.  I will let you know if i'm interested in your kit.  I have to figure some things out and I will let you know.  Thanks

• 3Deuces

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:12 AM

I ordered up my Sicass light kit yesterday.  I also have them building me an integrated start/kill switch.  Great guys to talk to and very helpful.  I'll post up some good pics and impressions of their kit once I get it.  Seems like they don't get much PR in the non-KTM world.

• XMXZX

Posted March 25, 2014 - 09:23 AM

I ordered up my Sicass light kit yesterday.  I also have them building me an integrated start/kill switch.  Great guys to talk to and very helpful.  I'll post up some good pics and impressions of their kit once I get it.  Seems like they don't get much PR in the non-KTM world.

I am interested in what it looks like and how easy it is to install.  Keep me posted I might do the same.  What did it cost you?

• 3Deuces

Posted March 25, 2014 - 09:25 AM

Kit was 269 and the switch was 45.

• 3Deuces

Posted March 27, 2014 - 02:50 AM

Got the Sicass kit last night. Looks good to me and very simple to install. All of the connections are clearly labeled .Power comes from teeing between the headlight harness. The switch for the headlights and horn seems a little cheesy especially compared to the domino switch that's used for the integrated start/stop switch. I would like to see a domino switch for the lights, too, then I wouldn't have any complaints.
Here's a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1395917267571.jpg
  • 1395917300390.jpg
  • 1395917317157.jpg
  • 1395917334107.jpg
  • 1395917348013.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.