wr400f case bearings

3 replies to this topic
  • chrisleika

Posted March 07, 2014 - 02:06 AM

Bike Yamaha WR400F 1998. year

I splited the case and saw that 2 bearings in left crankcase was closed from one side:

1. Outer side of drive axle bearing vas closed - there goes seal

2. Outer side of main axle bearing where goes clutch push rod in left case

So i have question, theese 2 bearings should be open from both side or close from outer side???

DSCF1151.JPG

Bearings from inside the case

DSCF1156.JPG

Bearings from outside the case

Thank You

• bg10459

Posted March 07, 2014 - 05:52 AM

I'm working on a YZ250 right now, but the bearings should be similar.  The left side output shaft bearing (83A915) is open on both sides, no seals, but I can't see how a seal on the outide could hurt.  The left side main transmission shaft bearing (6004RUD) is sealed on the outside or the side facing the clutch actuator arm housing.  Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrisleika

Posted March 07, 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm working on a YZ250 right now, but the bearings should be similar.  The left side output shaft bearing (83A915) is open on both sides, no seals, but I can't see how a seal on the outide could hurt.  The left side main transmission shaft bearing (6004RUD) is sealed on the outside or the side facing the clutch actuator arm housing.  Hope this helps.

left side main transmission shaft bearing (6004RUD) is sealed - in my photo did you mean the small or big bearing is sealed??? Sealed itself or outside is another seal?

In my picture big bearing - drive axle bearing was sealed itself and + outside ist another seal

• jojo1224

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:24 AM

They are both supposed to be sealed on only one side and the seal is supposed to be on the outside. If you put them in backwards the seal will pop out from the oil pressure, at the top of your first picture is where the oil feed line is inserted into.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.