2007 WR450 Owners: Rear Axle Question For You...

7 replies to this topic
  • DuncR6

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:00 AM

If you have a 2007 WR450 will you please do me a favor?  I am curious of the dimensions of your rear axle.  Will you please measure the inside diameter of the of the axle on both side as well as the lenth of the axle?  By inside diameter I mean the hole that goes all the way through the axle so that you knew what size pin/rod would fit through the axle.  To measure the length sticking a wire through the axle then measuring the wire is an easy way.

Thanks!

Edited by DuncR6, March 04, 2014 - 06:32 AM.

• beezer

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:24 AM

What's in it for us?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:29 AM

yeah?

• DuncR6

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:31 AM

What's in it for us?

Some pictures when I'm done with this project coupled with the joy and warmth that it brings to your heart helping another WR owner? lol    :)

Edited by DuncR6, March 04, 2014 - 06:31 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 04, 2014 - 12:47 PM

It's two different sizes.  Roughly 5/8" on the "head" end that belongs on the left, and roughly 1/2" on the threaded end.  

Waiting for my warm, fuzzy feeling.......

• DuncR6

Posted March 04, 2014 - 01:30 PM

It's two different sizes.  Roughly 5/8" on the "head" end that belongs on the left, and roughly 1/2" on the threaded end.  

Waiting for my warm, fuzzy feeling.......

Thank you!  If all goes well I'll have the pictures up this weekend to hopefully provide a warm & fuzzy for you.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 04, 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'm already fuzzy in anticipation

• DuncR6

Posted April 28, 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'm already fuzzy in anticipation

It took much longer than I was expecting, but here is the result: Click here.  You helped me determine that the '07 axle pins would indeed work with my '12.  :cheers:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.