Radiator Overflow Line

7 replies to this topic
  • jreising326

Posted March 02, 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hi Guys,

I have to replace my overflow tank lines.  I went to the dealer, who sent me to Ace HW, who sent me to Autozone, who sent me to NAPA...

What kind of tubing/line is good for this application?  The NAPA guy sent me home w/ Tygon fuel line, I think because I said "dirt bike" and I didn't want heavy duty black auto radiator hose....

Any advice is kindly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

• jreising326

Posted March 02, 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hi Guys,

I have to replace my overflow tank lines.  I went to the dealer, who sent me to Ace HW, who sent me to Autozone, who sent me to NAPA...

What kind of tubing/line is good for this application?  The NAPA guy sent me home w/ Tygon fuel line, I think because I said "dirt bike" and I didn't want heavy duty black auto radiator hose....

Any advice is kindly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Oh, forgot to mention that I am concerned the 165F max temp of the Tygon line isn't high enough and is the wrong line for this application.  What is the correct material to use?

• waltersobchak

Posted March 02, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I would order the OEM hose, to ease any uncertainty about being right or not, also for fit and finish so it doesn't look haggard. Looks like it is about $10 just looking online real fast.

Edited by waltersobchak, March 02, 2014 - 08:03 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 02, 2014 - 07:31 PM

Clear standard fuel line is fine.

You are over thinking this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted March 02, 2014 - 07:56 PM

The factory one lasts.

• jreising326

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm wondering what material factory OEM is.  The dealer didn't have any, and I don't think they could find a part number for it.

Anyone have a part number and cost of the OEM hose?

I'm not interested much in opinions as much as facts.

• waltersobchak

Posted March 03, 2014 - 03:17 AM

This is for a '12 WR450, not sure what model year you have.

Yamaha part # 1DX-1244H-00-00

Price $9.49 from Rocky Mountain

http://www.rockymoun...oem-schematic/2#

Any dealer worth anything should have taken less than 2 minutes to get this part #.

• jreising326

Posted March 03, 2014 - 09:07 AM

Thanks I will order the OEM part.  I think the dealer thought he was doing me a favor since he didn't have anything in stock and thought the Ace HW vinyl tubing would work.  I was there Saturday at about 4:45pm...  I think he pulled up the radiator microfiche and it wasn't on there....  It's an 05 model.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.