WR 426 / 450 Oil Breather Pipe?

4 replies to this topic
  • Cpt_sarge

Posted March 01, 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi Guys, 

I'm new to the forum but have viewed many topics and threads on here so hello from 'me' as this is my first post.

I have a WR426 2002. 

This morning I noticed a pipe leaking.  The pipe starts from the top of the engine head (Next to the spark plug). The pipe is thick and then steps down in size as it passes the carb..

I think the other end should attach somewhere. 

Please can some one tel me if it is a breather/overflow pipe or return pipe which should be attached!??!!

Many thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled2.jpg

• iyaoyas98

Posted March 03, 2014 - 05:18 AM

Looks like the breather, but it's not routed the same as mine.  Mine goes to the front of the motor and dumps on the skidplate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cpt_sarge

Posted March 03, 2014 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that all makes sense!

Does anyone's oil breather pipe ever kick out white/brown sludge?

I changed the oil recently and possibly filled it up a little too much.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 03, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Go to bikebandit .com and look up your bike and it will show the routing at both ends.

As SERVICE MANUAL will also explain it, which Yamaha provides for free on their website

• grayracer513

Posted March 03, 2014 - 07:45 AM

Yamaha provides no owner service manuals for free on the US website, so when you say that, you point people down a dead end street. 

The manuals are downloadable from either Yamaha/Europe or .../Australia:

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

http://www.yamaha-mo...uals/index.aspx

The breather's original routing is forward from the head to the frame down tube, down along the frame and under the ignition cover, dumping just below the end of the shifter.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.