'10 Yz450f map issue?

5 replies to this topic
  • RLV199

Posted March 01, 2014 - 07:04 AM

So i have been riding it for over a month now and numerous times i have run out of gas on the track mid moto (practice) and like it seems way too thirsty.
Then at this past weekends quLifier i fouled a plug early in the morning (partially my fault i gave it some gas when it had only been idling a minute or two).
And lastly It seems so weak on the low end.

Its a 2010 Yz450f with a yoshi slip on and supposedly the jay marmont map.

any suggestions on what could be my issue . or even if i have one. Im new to FI

• rdefonce

Posted March 02, 2014 - 05:54 PM

So i have been riding it for over a month now and numerous times i have run out of gas on the track mid moto (practice) and like it seems way too thirsty.
Then at this past weekends quLifier i fouled a plug early in the morning (partially my fault i gave it some gas when it had only been idling a minute or two).
And lastly It seems so weak on the low end.

Its a 2010 Yz450f with a yoshi slip on and supposedly the jay marmont map.

any suggestions on what could be my issue . or even if i have one. Im new to FI

you should put it back to the stock map - which should make decent low end . . . and better mileage too.

Also, if you have stock muffler that will add low end (but stock muffler restricts top end some though)

• RLV199

Posted March 03, 2014 - 06:07 AM

i don't have the stock pipe or a tuner so i need to get to searching lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygildark5007

Posted March 03, 2014 - 08:37 PM

My 11 is a thirsty pig. With the marmot map I can run my tank dry in about 25 minutes of aggressive track riding. That map has no low end though. I found the less hit or smooth maps much more effective. You need a tuner or a bigger gas tank.

• RLV199

Posted March 05, 2014 - 03:58 PM

My 11 is a thirsty pig. With the marmot map I can run my tank dry in about 25 minutes of aggressive track riding. That map has no low end though. I found the less hit or smooth maps much more effective. You need a tuner or a bigger gas tank.

sounds like ill head towards the less hit map, the hit annoys the shiz out of me i find myself doing way to much clutch work in corners and tight sections.

• billygildark5007

Posted March 06, 2014 - 06:14 PM

The less hit has been my favorite map overall. It works really well for overall riding conditions. More of a smooth power than abrupt. Especially when they just water.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.