How tall is your handlebar?

7 replies to this topic
  • faggio40

Posted January 11, 2004 - 02:32 PM

Hi guys, some days ago I did this question in General Forum, but only one answered to me (thank you very much, kev_xr :)), so now I try again: the question is about handlebar: how tall is yours?

I’ve a Yam WR 400 ’01, that I bought used some monuths ago. The handlebar isn’t original, but looking other WR I think that its measures are very similar.
I suspect that this handlebar is too much low for my stature (I’m tall 1,8 meter i.e. 5,9 ft), infact when I ride on foot for a long time, my back begins to hurt . This afternoon I’ve changed the handlebar with a taller type, that another my bike has kindly lended for a test; this “new” handlebar is 7 cm – 2,7 in taller, 15 cm – 5,9 in instead of 8 cm – 3,2 in.

What’s your opinion? This change it’s ok or it’s too radical? In a small ride closer home (ten minutes, on the road), it seems a good idea, but unfortunatly now and for next weeks I’ll have no time to ride , so I won't be able to test this “new” handlebar, so your opinions are very useful .

All this story has suggested me another question, for wich I don’t know the answer: it’s better a tall or a low handlebar ? In wich situation it’s better the first one and in wich it’s better the second one?

Hi boys, and thank you for your answers

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 11, 2004 - 11:15 PM

The best handlebar is the one you are most comfortable with. I'm 6'4" I have bar risers that move my bars 1.5" forward & 1.5" higher AND I have Pro Taper Enduro High bars. It feels like a Harley with ape hanger bars to most people but for me it's great - I can ride all day without my lower back going into spasms.

Brian

• Bill

Posted January 12, 2004 - 06:48 PM

Jimmy Button highs from Renthal are a popular choice. I used to run them and have swithed to the Hawkins highs from Pro-Taper. You can go to either of their web sites and get all of the bars....specs ie width, height and pullback.

Bill

• MOmilkman

Posted January 14, 2004 - 11:37 AM

The best handlebar is the one you are most comfortable with. I'm 6'4" I have bar risers that move my bars 1.5" forward & 1.5" higher AND I have Pro Taper Enduro High bars. It feels like a Harley with ape hanger bars to most people but for me it's great - I can ride all day without my lower back going into spasms.

Brian

Exact same setup I have and its still too short for my 6'7" monkey frame.

BTW: Did I read it wrong or did faggio say that 5'7" is tall in his above post?
Where does he live "Uumm-Pa Land"? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 14, 2004 - 07:11 PM

My next bars will probably be the TAG CR Double Hi bend. I think it's about another inch taller.

Brian

• faggio40

Posted January 15, 2004 - 02:49 PM

BTW: Did I read it wrong or did faggio say that 5'7" is tall in his above post?
Where does he live "Uumm-Pa Land"?

Ah ah ah! Ok MOmilkman you like very precise words. I'm 5'7" high, a regular height where i live, in Italy :).

Thank you for your and all other guys advice

• mike73

Posted January 15, 2004 - 04:59 PM

What website has the bar risers? I have protaper bars with the scotts tripple clamp, stabilizer.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted January 16, 2004 - 12:09 AM

https://www.bajadesi...e.jsp?login=YES

I have the +1.5" on my WR and the +1" on my KX500 - I can't ride w/o them.

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.