Broken drain plug?

5 replies to this topic
  • Bschrome

Posted February 26, 2014 - 01:09 AM

Bought a used dirt bike & the drain plug at the back between the frame is broke off inside, what is the best fix for this??? Anyone had this problem? It's a 2010 yz450f. Wish it happened to the other drain plug as it's a lot easier to get at for extraction. With the frame in the way I'm not sure how to get this 1 out????

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2014 - 07:39 AM

Remove the engine.  At least, it will be necessary to lift it out of its mounts and roll it forward enough for access. 

• Bschrome

Posted February 26, 2014 - 07:49 AM

So I wouldn't have to pull the whole engine out than hey?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2014 - 07:58 AM

I wouldn't.  The radiators will probably have to come off, but I don't think much of anything else would have to be disconnected from the engine. 

• Bschrome

Posted February 26, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thanx for the quick info, I dropped it off at the shop & he said a day or so should be fixed, he's gonna call me in a bit with a price, hope it's reasonable. I don't thing I damaged the aluminum at all, think the plug broke before causing any damage. Here's to hoping anyway!!!!

• Bschrome

Posted February 27, 2014 - 12:17 PM

Got it all fixed at the shop he just pulled motor mounts & moved engine forward just like u said, cost me $200 with fresh oil...
Lucky I didn't crack the case!!! It's all good now =)
Thanx for your suggestion bud!!!!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.