Frayed cable repair?

3 replies to this topic
  • couly

Posted January 06, 2002 - 07:29 AM

Does anybody know where a bad cable can be replaced with the ends crimped on? Seems a shame to have to replace a whole throttle cable set just because one cable is frayed.

Couly

• yz454

Posted January 06, 2002 - 04:53 PM

You can get cable ends in all sizes.On some bikes I will buy stainless steel cable to make my cables with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted January 07, 2002 - 08:11 AM

Dont be 34 bucks richer and possibly seriously injured because your throttle hung. Ty Davis sells a new carb wheel to prevent refraying. Play it safe on this one, spend the 75 bucks for new cable and wheel.

• factorymark343

Posted January 07, 2002 - 02:56 PM

I just bought the ty wheel its alot better than the stock!! havent rode it enough to tell if it works yet but by lookin at to the stack its way better.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.