Engine rebuild recommendations

6 replies to this topic
  • Edistojimbo

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:01 PM

I am rebuilding my 2005 wr450 and am wondering if there are any recommended upgrades or fixes while I have the engine apart. I had to replace the right side crankcase and crankcase cover so funds are a little limited. I have done the "free fixes" already. Thanks!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 23, 2014 - 06:25 AM

I would keep it stock, use all oem parts, but put in a JE 13:1 piston and rings.

• jojo1224

Posted February 23, 2014 - 01:42 PM

You replaced just the right side crankcase? You do know the cases are matched pairs and shouldn't be replaced separately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:43 PM

You replaced just the right side crankcase? You do know the cases are matched pairs and shouldn't be replaced separately.

Says who?

Yamaha and Honda cases are not matched. You can buy them separately.

http://www.bikebandi...44786#sch542556

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, February 23, 2014 - 03:44 PM.

• jojo1224

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:45 PM

Says who?
Yamaha and Honda cases are not matched. You can buy them separately.

That what I have read on on here quite a few times. If I'm wrong ignore what I said.

Edit: That link shows that cases are sold as a pair, item #1 is for both sides.

Edited by jojo1224, February 23, 2014 - 03:48 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 23, 2014 - 04:07 PM

That what I have read on on here quite a few times. If I'm wrong ignore what I said.

Edit: That link shows that cases are sold as a pair, item #1 is for both sides.

Crap you are right.

• Edistojimbo

Posted February 25, 2014 - 11:38 AM

I have not purchased a crankcase yet. I did find a good used crankcase set but it's for a 2004 yz450. Would that work with my bike?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.