Plain front number plate for '12 wr

3 replies to this topic
  • Jmulhollen

Posted February 21, 2014 - 03:37 PM

I have a 2012 wr450f and have broken the front light once already messing around on a track and taking a rock.

I'm hoping I can get a basic front number plate to throw on when I'm not needing the light so I can avoid having to buy yet another one.

Any ideas? Anyone done this? Figured it would be easy, but a newer yzf450 plate is not even close

• waltersobchak

Posted February 21, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Are you wanting to keep the speedo/odo on it? If not you can rig up a YZ # plate pretty easy.

If you do want to keep the speedo you can put a peice of mesh in the headlight housing like Jed Haines did on his race bike. He posted a link not too long ago in this forum.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1393035539111.jpg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jmulhollen

Posted February 21, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Nice idea....I definitely want to leave the informational unit in place.....otherwise could I literally just disconnect it and it wouldn't affect the bike at all?

• waltersobchak

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:27 AM

Yeah you could remove it and not affect the performance. It is a nice feature though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.