Happy Birthday to Me!

15 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 30, 2001 - 03:56 AM

As of today, April 30, I am now eligible for the Senior (40 and up) MX class, if the bug returns.

Yeah...I guess?

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Taffy

Posted April 30, 2001 - 04:31 AM

happy birthday young man!

i think they even take your age as at January 1st mate, so i don't think you'll get away with it.

just think your now trying to look younger for your age. your 'edge' is to be put in with oldies!!

if it helps you won't feel any different tomorrow.

have you got that bike out lately! that'll keep you young & fit.

a boy with a toy!

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 30, 2001 - 06:46 AM

Bike is still not done. I have to troubleshoot my TPS and also fix a rear flat. Last fall, Mike68 and I were riding here in NH at Clough OHV Park where I got the flat. A real makeshift flat repair worked and held for quite a while.
You should be pleased Taffy, I put in a FHP needle, 168MJ, Sudco air screw and drastically reduced the stroke of my AP. I am quite anxious to try it! I will let TT know of the results.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 30, 2001 - 06:50 AM

Let me know when you get that POS running Old Man! :)

• Bill

Posted April 30, 2001 - 08:27 AM

Welcome to the Vet class and happy birthday :).

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 30, 2001 - 08:39 AM

Next year I will be 40 as of May 8th.

Does this qualify me to run in the 40+ division for the entire year or do I have to wait until May 8th.

Does anybody know?

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 30, 2001 - 09:00 PM

As far as I know(AFAIK),
Via AMA district 6 & 23, I thought it became official on your birthdate.

It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, or right for that matter.

• Michael

Posted April 30, 2001 - 11:27 AM

Happy Birthday Kevin! Is it warm enough to ride yet?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • paul913

Posted April 30, 2001 - 11:57 AM

Happy Birthday Man,
Just think of all those people you proved wrong by making it this long! :)

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 30, 2001 - 12:20 PM

Happy B-day Kevin.

If you're knees are what I have to look forward to in 10 years I'm opting for total replacement at age 39.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted April 30, 2001 - 01:17 PM

Happy Birhtday to a true Kid. 40 is young. I'm 55 and am the kid in the group I ride with. The oldest is 74 and darned hard to keep up with. Next is 63 and pretty fair on two wheels too. Then comes the 62 year old who if it wern't for dust you wouldn't know where he went, then comes the kid. Me. Hope you get all good things and get to ride more than you have to work!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 30, 2001 - 02:29 PM

Happy Birthday Kevin. I celebrated my 40th a few times already. :) What the hell, with the bike you will want to stay in shape, trust me!
Good luck to ya,

• Freezer

Posted April 30, 2001 - 02:52 PM

Happy 4-0! Really? 40? Based on some of your posts here, I thought you were much younger! :)

In your honor, I am going to drink some beer tonight. Thanks for giving me an excuse.

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted April 30, 2001 - 03:46 PM

Me being only 38, I can't imagine what 40 must feel like. At any rate you're looking good for 40 (the hair plugs, penile extension, & laser eye surgery notwithstanding) ..... :)

• Marty

Posted April 30, 2001 - 06:03 PM

Happy Birthday and congratulations, you are now twice as old as me, sorry had to say it, damn I hate always being the kid.

• Ward

Posted April 30, 2001 - 06:55 PM

Happy Birthday To You......

On my 29th B-day I stopped having them, now I just have anniversaries. On April 17 I celebrated my 12th anniversary of my 29th B-day.

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate, Works frame guards.
'00 Grizzly YFM600

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.