New brake pads are draging

5 replies to this topic
  • Jimmy_K

Posted January 05, 2002 - 08:07 AM

I just put new front brake pads on my 400f today , and when I spin the front wheel there is quite a bit of drag. Installation seems pretty straight forward. Is there something I am missing??? the pads are EBC MX sport series. THANKS

• RichB

Posted January 05, 2002 - 10:30 PM

I've had a new set of EBCs come with the back plate warped which caused a hell of a squeal whenever I touched the brakes. Take the pads off and lay them on something flat i.e. a piece of glass to see if they lay flat or not.

I'm assuming you pushed the caliper in when you put the new pads in and that you know the disc is not bent.

• Taylor

Posted January 05, 2002 - 02:51 PM

Not cleaning the pistons before you push them back in to compensate for the thicker pads can cause brake drag.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • forloop

Posted January 05, 2002 - 02:53 PM

To go alone with what Taylor said. If you are having a draging problem I would check the calipers. They are a peice of cake to rebuild.

• fastkevin

Posted January 05, 2002 - 04:15 PM

Try putting your old pads back in, and spin the wheel again. You can isolate the problem.
BTW: I've had EBC greens hang up, so I changed brands and no problem

• cwisa

Posted January 06, 2002 - 05:55 PM

sa dah tay

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.