2013 Wr450f how to remove the neutral start

4 replies to this topic
  • m.kealy

Posted February 17, 2014 - 04:16 AM

Does anyone know how to bypass the neutral starting switch so I can start my wr450f in gear ?
Please help

• Navaho6

Posted February 17, 2014 - 07:39 AM

It should start in gear with the lever pulled in.  If you want to bypass that safety function (or replace the oem lever) then follow the wires going from oem clutch lever to connector behind the headlight shroud.  Cut the wires, leaving room to solder the ends. Solder the wires coming out of the connector behind the headlight.  Seal the exposed wire and tuck it behind the shroud.  Remove the wires coming out of the clutch lever.

Edited by Navaho6, February 17, 2014 - 07:45 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 17, 2014 - 09:07 AM

He's not talking about the Clutch overide swtich, he is talking about the neutral only switch.

There is a recent post about it that I started.

• Navaho6

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:20 AM

In that case, maybe this helps:

Edited by Navaho6, February 17, 2014 - 10:23 AM.

• m.kealy

Posted February 17, 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks guys I'll get on it on the weekend

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.