wr400f stator cover aluminum spacer between LH engine case

7 replies to this topic
  • YAMAHA109F

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm sure this aluminum spacer is an aftermarket, that sits between the left engine case and the stator cover. Anyone know why it would be there?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2241.JPG

• exracer2

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Flywheel weight ?

• YAMAHA109F

Posted February 20, 2014 - 05:03 PM

Anyone else have any ideas? Can't be the only one.?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 20, 2014 - 05:14 PM

High output stator

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim-in-so-ore

Posted February 20, 2014 - 06:43 PM

Years ago I had a wr 400 that I put a Steahly flywheel weight on. It had the spacer like you discribe, it was needed because the flywheel weight made the flywheel wider (and heavier)

• GuyGraham

Posted February 21, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Take the stator cover off and have a look!

• grayracer513

Posted February 21, 2014 - 12:46 PM

Anyone else have any ideas? Can't be the only one.?

Why not?

• YAMAHA109F

Posted February 26, 2014 - 05:17 PM

I think I'll have to take it apart and find out sometime. Not today though. I just got my license plate today so when it warms up outside (maybe in june) I'll see if the headlight is up to snuff. I still run that on the ac current. Thanks for all your replies.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.