2001 YZ426F, pink wire mod, regulator needed?

8 replies to this topic
  • Cooter69

Posted February 16, 2014 - 10:57 AM

I have a 2001 YZ426F and recently swapped in a WR426 flywheel and stator. I did the pink wire mod, cut the pink wire and grounded the wire from the 6 pin connector to the frame and the other end of the pink wire from the stator did not connect to anything. Hooked up my Baja Designs 100 watt halogen light, grounded the light to the coil ground and hooked the power wire from the light to the yellow wire from the stator. I started the bike and had light at idle than when I revved the motor up the light got brighter, than the bulb blew.

So leads me to believe I need a DC regulator or did I do something wrong?

If I do need a DC regulator how do I wire it? Leave my current grounds in place and just ground the regulator on the frame or at the coil ground?

Looking forward to feedback and waiting patiently for my new bulb to be sent out. Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted February 16, 2014 - 12:26 PM

Google Ricky Stator. They'll know just what you need.

• Cooter69

Posted February 16, 2014 - 02:14 PM

I will do that, thank you! Can't wait to do a night ride, I will post up what they say.

• Cooter69

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:41 PM

I called Ricky Stator today, they were closed yesterday due to the holiday. He said it depends, some bikes you do not need them and others you do. Apparently my bike needed one so I ordered it and a new bulb. Hopefully this weekend I should be able to test it out!

Edited by Cooter69, February 18, 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tehehodi

Posted February 19, 2014 - 02:31 PM

Where did you purchase your wr426 stator and flywheel? I can't seem to find them anywhere and when I do they are close to $500.

• RickyStator

Posted February 20, 2014 - 01:11 PM

You need an AC regulator, check the link

http://www.rickystat...lator-p-85.html

• Cooter69

Posted February 24, 2014 - 02:26 PM

Where did you purchase your wr426 stator and flywheel? I can't seem to find them anywhere and when I do they are close to $500.

I was able to get it off of, yet I paid the same price roughly after having a bidding war. I did however get the complete wr426 harness, coil, cdi box, flywheel, stator. Basically all the electronics.

You need an AC regulator, check the link

http://www.rickystat...lator-p-85.html

I ordered one last week, hoping to install it tonight with my new bulb. Thank you for the help! You guys have fast shipping and great customer service! A+ in my book. 

• Cooter69

Posted March 01, 2014 - 11:53 AM

I got the regulator all hooked up and light works flawlessly! Thanks again to Mike at Baja Designs and Ricky Stator.

• tehehodi

Posted May 11, 2014 - 02:54 PM

Did you have to modify the stator itself by clipping the pink wire and resolder it to the copper wire? Or is that step unnecessary as you stayed on a AC system?

Edited by tehehodi, May 11, 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.