HUSQVARNA WINS HELL'S GATE 2014

10 replies to this topic
  • HuskyRips

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:10 AM

This was posted early this morning over on Enduro21.com: http://www.enduro21....ins-hell’s-gate

Graham Jarvis Wins Hell’s Gate

057acae1d45bff2130e8f74dbba70218_L.jpg

Four wins on the bounce for Graham Jarvis as the Brit took his fourth consecutive victory at Hell’s Gate.

Proving no match for man or mountain, Jarvis pretty much dominated the race from start to finish. Qualifying second in the morning race, the Husqvarna rider soon hit the front of the field when he found a way past early leader Jonny Walker on lap one.

graham-jarvis_hells-gate-1.jpg

Walker – determined not to let Jarvis get away – gave chase and the duo dropped down the treacherous Cascata section side by side. But the following lap told a different story when Jarvis arrived as the clear leader.On course for another podium result, Cody Webb chased Walker hard for the majority of the race. Keeping the Brit honest, Webb then crashed heavily in the Cascata waterfall section. Ringing his bell, the Beta rider dropped outside the allotted time and was forced to call it a day. 

Andreas Lettenbichler took fourth with Diego Nicoletti fifth. 

Results – Hell’s Gate 2014

1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna)

2. Jonny Walker (KTM) 

Edited by HuskyRips, February 16, 2014 - 04:11 AM.

• HuskyRips

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:14 AM

• scottiesbe

Posted February 16, 2014 - 05:07 AM

& KTM came in second ..... :thumbsup: 

• YHGEORGE

Posted February 16, 2014 - 12:53 PM

I can see a winner being declared but I take issue with any contestant being pulled, pushed or otherwise carried to the finish.

• rj133

Posted February 20, 2014 - 04:48 PM

& KTM came in second ..... :thumbsup: 

And first also... ;)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scottiesbe

Posted February 20, 2014 - 07:17 PM

And first also... ;)

don't tell the ripper that ;)

• HuskyRips

Posted February 21, 2014 - 04:31 AM

don't tell the ripper that ;)

And first also... ;)

The titlework states HUSQVARNA!

I suppose with your reasoning all those Italian Huskys were CAGIVAS?

If the titlework says HUSQVARNA.... then It's a HUSQVARNA

• rj133

Posted February 21, 2014 - 04:54 AM

Lighten up Francis. Kinda funny how you don't see the difference either. If I'm not mistaken the Italians dropped the Cagiva name from their MX and off road bikes so they essentially became Husqvarna. But yes to purists Husky died back then.    KTM is still here so they're basically competing against themselves.  Over time if Husky forms more of their own identity that may change. BTW I love the new white KTMs and if I were buying a new bike I'd probably choose the one with Husqvarna decals.

Edited by rj133, February 21, 2014 - 05:00 AM.

• scottiesbe

Posted February 21, 2014 - 06:00 PM

yes francis ........my olde jb welded clutch cover needs to be replaced, better go with the 2014 husky cover....let the start of the Frankenstein rebuild begin :thumbsup: just sayen

• varesecrazy

Posted February 25, 2014 - 05:14 AM

I can see a winner being declared but I take issue with any contestant being pulled, pushed or otherwise carried to the finish.

nature of the competition ,

not really cheating as it's just not  a hill / ascent that can be ridden.., so same for every competitor,

but yes I completely agree,

shame the can't do a "timed event" for 99% of the points,

then a "freak hill climb / montee imposible" shoot out for bonus points.. always worked great for the fans in my riding days..,

charlie

• varesecrazy

Posted February 25, 2014 - 05:18 AM

when Cagaiva took on  the Husqvarna brand, they at least kept and developed the Left kicker ( the best husky concept) for another 15 years,

can't see anything ( husky) being kept / developed by KTM for more than 2 seasons,  other than a blue + yellow look  : - {

Charlie

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 Husqvarna Motorcycles Unveiled by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Husqvarna   Husqvarna 4-Stroke
  • 11 replies
Reviews

Husqvarna CR500 1985 by C-R-M

Husqvarna CR500 1985
  • 1 review
  • Last review by C-R-M
  • On November 13, 2014
Forums
Photo

Grahma Jarvis - Lengendary New by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Husqvarna   Husqvarna 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Husky Power: Accessories that highlight the 2015 Husqvarna model range by Bryan Bosch

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo

NTERVIEW: Jon-Erik Burleson on KTM-Husqvarna future by Bryan Bosch

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.