DRD muffler packing

3 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted February 13, 2014 - 12:12 PM

I have the aluminum DrD exhaust and was wondering what I should use to repack it for the first time... the Moose Racing "pillow sleeve" packing, or the DRD "roll pillow" packing? I have used the Moose packing on my other bikes with different brand exhausts, and I know it works good. But is the DRD packing better for their exhaust?

Also, I've put about 37 hours on my YZ since I installed the DrD. I recently noticed light grey marks going down the bottom of the muffler that looks like a stain from something, but I cant get it off. Could it be burn marks from the packing deteriorating? The decals on the muffler are fine though.

• RLV199

Posted February 13, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Idk what to tell you other than don't use the fmf packing lol My packing blew out so i used that stuff and it was gone before the end of the first day. , sold the bike packingless

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Greg Pennsiltucky Lykens

Posted February 13, 2014 - 03:53 PM

get the DrD packing that has stainless steel wool core. That will last more than 6 hours...  worth the little extra money

• rhinoracin

Posted February 13, 2014 - 04:30 PM

The moose pillow insert lasted quite a while.. well over 20 hours. But that was on 250s. Wouldnt the DRD packing be better? almost 40 hours and the bike isnt that much louder.

I have been running the spark arrestor if that makes a difference... does it?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.