YZ426F Flywheel on WR426F with WR Stator?

1 reply to this topic
  • WRTim

Posted January 10, 2004 - 06:26 AM

I found a 2001 YZ426F stator and flywheel for a good price. Will the YZ426F flywheel work on my 2001 WR426F with the original stator? I figured that the lighter weight of the YZ426F flywheel would really add some quick revving to the WR.

Also, is the gray-wire mod. completely independent of the YZ cam-timing modification? Does one work without doing the other? Are there any real performance gains by doing only one, or should both be done?

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b-bike

Posted January 10, 2004 - 11:33 PM

I have been in the process on puttin WR stuff on my YZ and I asked this same question to the guys at Eletrex U.S.A. and they let me know that the WR stator will not work with the YZ flywheel.

You will need to run the stators as a set. YZ with YZ and WR with WR.

Let me know if ya want to get rid of the WR flywheel & stator. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.