WR450 Aftermarket stator issue from caltric

3 replies to this topic
  • hafte

Posted February 13, 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hi All,

I need some advice and help.

My orginal WR stator was broken from 1 bolt of magneto that was fallen.

I was ordered new aftermarket stator from caltric like this one

The issue is that when i mounted it there is no charging the battery exept the headlight is on at it is dim not light.

After some investigation (i was removed it from the bike) i found that this stator is only with one coil. Not two as shuld be on WR. Yelow and white cables are two side of one coil and after the light is on it ground one side ot the coil.

I try to shorten the cables without bulb and it works but when i mount bulb directly to battery it drops to 12V not 14V as shuld be.

Please advice if someting can be done in this case.

Is there some mod or someting.

Attached Thumbnails

• celtic stator wr450.JPG

• RickyStator

Posted February 13, 2014 - 09:34 AM

That stator will not work unless you have the aftermarket regulator and wiring kit that goes with it.

http://www.rickystat...ator-p-391.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hafte

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:12 PM

Thanks.

As i understant i will need now one of this regulator, and sistem will be converted to DC at all with araund 100W output.

• RickyStator

Posted February 18, 2014 - 10:06 AM

Thanks.

As i understant i will need now one of this regulator, and sistem will be converted to DC at all with araund 100W output.

yes, you are correct

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.