Cracked balancer drive gear!!

2 replies to this topic
  • Scott_Aldahl

Posted January 04, 2002 - 06:02 PM

Just tore my bike apart (2000 426) and found out my balancer drive gear is cracked. I know it was due to not changing the cb key earlier but does anybody know what one of these things cost? I'm going on a 320 mile Mexico ride next Saturday and hope that I can get it fixed in time. And, any suggestions on where I can get one quick. I live in Menifee. Riverside county. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumpy

Posted January 04, 2002 - 07:16 PM

What does not changing the "cb key" have to do with a cracked balancer gear? Is this a normal maintenance item I should be changing? I don't know anything about it so, if you would be so kind, elaborate please.

• Scott_Aldahl

Posted January 04, 2002 - 07:53 PM

I don't think that it is regular maintenance but if you hear some knocking on the right side of your case you need to have it checked or check it yourself. Do a search on this site for cb key..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.