2012 WR450 starter removal and radiator fix

1 reply to this topic
  • fdeluca

Posted February 11, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Raced for the first time ever.  San Manuel Copper Classic, Arizona hare scramble.  I would like to remove the starter for weight saving.  I cannot find any info on how to plug hole where the starter spline attaches to gearing to turn motor.  My only thought is to remove internal parts from starter and reinstall as a sort of blanking plate or have a plug machined. GYTR doe's not seem to sell a plug, or plate. I raced the bike without battery and it did great.

I bent the left radiator in a fall and though the GYTR radiator brace did its job some of the fins are compressed no leaks though. I would like to remove the radiator and apply liquid metal to the damaged fins as a precaution.  Would this be a good fix

Thanks in advance

WR racer

Something happen and I may have posted this twice.  Sorry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrgem

Posted February 11, 2014 - 05:01 PM

Send the radiator to Mylers in Utah. It'll come back good as new.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.