AHRMA Trials at Unadilla

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum, but wanted to let people know there will be an ahrma Trials this year at Unadilla's MX Rewind, on May 30th. http://www.unadillamx.com/rewind/schedule.html

There will also be a special class for Post 79 Trials bikes that are air-cooled, have drum brakes and twin shocks. This class will not receive ahrma points, but will receive awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the 1, 2 and 3 line. Basically Expert, Intermediate and Novice. This class will be called 'Post Vintage Twin Shock' and the riders will be competing against each other and not just be added to the support class.

I hope many of you with these 80's Reflex's, TLR's, Can Ams, Fantics, SWM's and all others will make a good showing. Maybe ahrma will consider adding this new class if enough people show interest.

Hope to see you there. Can't wait for spring!

Edited by Gord83

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The ahrma Trials at Unadilla brought in 20 riders. Most were ahrma class bikes. There were no Modern bikes. The added 'Post Vintage Twin Shock' class had around 8 bikes, as 8 trophies were handed out. Most bikes were Honda TLR or Reflex's and one SWM. Everyone had fun. The CC loop was used and most of the sections were side hills. The Poole's did a great job setting up the sections. And for the first, hopefully of many, ahrma Trials, all went well.
You can go here to see photos: http://www.buckleyphotos.com/wsp5706...age/xindex.php
Step 1: Choose MX Rewind Unadilla
Step 2: Put 123 in the rider number box
Press Search

• 9 months later...

One of the larger AHRMA trials events is in Oregon at the Steel Stampede. approx 60-70 riders every year. Of course one of the better vintage MX track has race on sunday. May 2-3 Crooked River Ranch, Oregon. Put on by Powroll and the local community.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

There will be another ahrma Trials at Unadilla's MX Rewind this year. June 5th. I am in need of checkers. If you are available, or have friends who can help, please let me know with a PM. The Trials is right after the CC race. Several people I know do both the CC race and the Trials, so there's time between events to make your way over. There will also be at least 1st place trophies for novice, intermediate and expert classes, for post 1979 air-cooled Trials bikes with drum brakes and twin shocks, even though this is a non points ahrma class.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the event. And please help out if you can. 

for post 1979 air-cooled Trials bikes with drum brakes and twin shocks, even though this is a non points ahrma class.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the event.

Is an AHRMA license required since it's not a points class?

I can't remember how they worked that last year, as most people are already members, since they are racing other events, over the weekend. I believe you don't have to belong to ahrma, if you are just competing in the Trials event. But you still pay a fee to ride the Trials, just as you would at any other event you compete in elsewhere.

I'll try to find out what that fee is for you. This non points class is something I promoted last year, to show ahrma there are a lot of post 79 bikes that could be competing either as a new class (Post Vintage) or added to the Modern Classic class. And we had a great turn out. I would say it was close to 50/50 ahrma legal, (pre 1980), and post 1979 bikes. Post Vintage has been a huge success in CC and MX, with ahrma. But they don't think it's going to work in Trials, for some reason.

Edited by Gord83

A weekend pass is available for $30.00. This will allow you to race the entire weekend, but will not allow voting rights, monthly Vintage Views or national points. Pre-entry fee is $40.00 for the Trials. Pre-entry for VMX is $45.00 for the 1st class and $30.00 for each additional class. $40.00 for Cross Country. 

Hope this helps.