Photo
- - - - -

Post your ride videos!

114 replies to this topic
  • RockerYZWR
1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 09, 2014 - 09:24 PM

Man that music is so distracting! Lucky you that you have nice places like that to ride! I need to do a better job of recording my rides.

• KennyMc

Get Help Now

15,707 posts

Posted July 10, 2014 - 05:45 AM

• cubera and still2smokin like this
  • Like This

• RockerYZWR
1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted August 14, 2014 - 08:58 AM

I hope I don't get in trouble for kind of threadjacking my own thread, but I just put together a little video of my YZ250 - just out testing a FWW at a place 10 min from my house the other day.

• Grolls718

TT Newbie

6 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 12:45 PM

A fun ride with some other plastics on my WR

http://youtu.be/ZTKx...Sfb6EGTulsRBkzQ

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZTKxBj5VcqI

Edited by Grolls718, August 27, 2014 - 12:46 PM.

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,212 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:36 AM

How about a picture of the day the spidermonkey got his nickname

Spidermonkey_zps11ae40f8.png

• RockerYZWR
1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:34 AM

Is that anyone we know here?

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,212 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:47 AM

Is that anyone we know here?

No spidermonkey isn't on here.

• cubera
10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 10, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Here's one from a couple weeks ago. The camera makes everything look smooth and flat. Video is the last 1/3 of a 50 mile loop. Some of it is tedious and some fast. It's about 100F heat and there are some sections where I had to pay attention to ruts and wash outs from recent monsoons.

Edited by cubera, September 10, 2014 - 09:42 PM.

• mch

TT Silver Member

582 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 10, 2014 - 09:53 PM

Here's some video I took about a month ago while riding my WR in Jean, NV.

• cubera
10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:18 PM

Here's some video I took about a month ago while riding my WR in Jean, NV.

Nice! Looks like PREFECT traction in a fast wash with some hazards/baby heads you had to pay attention! You guys were haulin' ballz pretty good through there. I love that kind of stuff!

• mch

TT Silver Member

582 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:21 PM

Nice! Looks like PREFECT traction in a fast wash with some hazards/baby heads you had to pay attention! You guys were haulin' ballz pretty good through there. I love that kind of stuff!

It seems like desert riding really doesn't convey the speeds we are going (at least for the conditions).  That day was pretty decent, as it wasn't too dusty.

• cubera
10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 11, 2014 - 04:33 PM

It seems like desert riding really doesn't convey the speeds we are going (at least for the conditions).  That day was pretty decent, as it wasn't too dusty.

That's for sure. The camera makes everything look much slower and easier than it is in real life. The audio will give some idea of how hard the motor is working but even that can be deceptive. I'm the duty dust catcher in my crowd most of the time and for sure dust is game changer. I get vertigo in thick dust. If I can't stay ahead of it I have to stay well behind it and when I'm riding with the young guns I'm usually well behind it.

• KennyMc

Get Help Now

15,707 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 09:33 PM

A favorite "trail" of mine...

part 1

http://youtu.be/tVQ3QDOaD6U

Part 2

http://youtu.be/MIXwHYhp7fQ

It continues

http://youtu.be/KZf_fecN85U

Edited by KennyMc, September 12, 2014 - 05:36 PM.

• KennyMc

Get Help Now

15,707 posts

Posted September 11, 2014 - 09:37 PM

How about a picture of the day the spidermonkey got his nickname

Spidermonkey_zps11ae40f8.png

Kind of the inverse...

Jimmy Fall Down.jpg

• GP1K

TT Gold Member

1,346 posts

Posted September 12, 2014 - 09:00 AM

That's for sure. The camera makes everything look much slower and easier than it is in real life. The audio will give some idea of how hard the motor is working but even that can be deceptive. I'm the duty dust catcher in my crowd most of the time and for sure dust is game changer. I get vertigo in thick dust. If I can't stay ahead of it I have to stay well behind it and when I'm riding with the young guns I'm usually well behind it.

I've seen this effect in my own vids where I know the terrain.... so I always give other people's vids the benefit of the doubt, so to speak, and just assume what I see is steeper and/or rougher than what's in the vid.

• cubera
10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 12, 2014 - 12:21 PM

kennymc....now THAT is a trail ride!

• KennyMc

Get Help Now

15,707 posts

Posted September 12, 2014 - 01:18 PM

kennymc....now THAT is a trail ride!

I love that "trail". Every time I go there it's like no one has been there. The beauty of it being in a wash. Once out on top it is a fun trail. It's only 2 miles from the staging area but no one knows it's there unless you've been on it. No visible sign of trail for the first mile or so as it is just a open wash. I don't tell anyone where it is and I make them wear a blindfold until we are in the wash. Funny shit, riders with blindfolds :lol:

• cubera
10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 12, 2014 - 02:06 PM

I love that "trail". Every time I go there it's like no one has been there. The beauty of it being in a wash. Once out on top it is a fun trail. It's only 2 miles from the staging area but no one knows it's there unless you've been on it. No visible sign of trail for the first mile or so as it is just a open wash. I don't tell anyone where it is and I make them wear a blindfold until we are in the wash. Funny shit, riders with blindfolds :lol:

I would enjoy riding that! A little bike dragging does a body good:)

• cubera
10,780 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted September 12, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Here's one I've not done in a long time. I got hurt on the is trail a couple of years ago...tumbled down into a ravine while riding solo. Fun starts around 2:30

• RockerYZWR
1,394 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted December 08, 2014 - 10:36 PM

I'm posting another YZ250 video in the WR forum and I'm not sorry. It's my thread, anyway! Ok, ok - it's "our" thread. I will get back to the WR eventually - I actually rode it a couple weeks ago...I'm just really into the two smoker right now. The WR just sits there waiting for me like a desperate fat ex-girlfriend. Not that I ever had any of those...well, they weren't really girlfriends, but I'm digressing fast.

Anyway, I just did the riding and put this together this weekend and it's much cooler if you turn your volume to 11 for it.

YZ250 - Riding The Dairy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.