New 450F exhaust

9 replies to this topic
  • MecaMan

Posted February 08, 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm ordering a slip-on this week along with the comp ecu. I was wondering which pipe will be the loudest? FMF, Two Bros, Yosh, Dr. D? Also, does removing the snorkel in the air intake actually provide more power? Or is this just something some guys are doing because they "think" it adds more power? I know the exhaust question is beaten to death, just trying to find the appropraite info on the new wr. Thanks for any input guys!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 08, 2014 - 09:41 PM

Intake, exhaust, ECU, and programmer need to be done together to get the best results.

• MecaMan

Posted February 08, 2014 - 09:45 PM

I'd agree and that's exactly my plan. Any input on the exhaust?

• twheat

Posted February 09, 2014 - 01:51 AM

I just rode my bike for the first time with the FMF powercore 4. Its rated at 98db. Its loud enough, but its not as loud as my sand quad that was checked at 110db. Its a good tone though.

• tex rider

Posted February 09, 2014 - 04:20 AM

Wether the air box mod works or not, you wont need more power. You will already have more than enough.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted February 09, 2014 - 06:50 AM

Wether the air box mod works or not, you wont need more power. You will already have more than enough.

What if he weighs 265lbs and rides hills?

You can't decide what his power needs are.

I'd agree and that's exactly my plan. Any input on the exhaust?

I prefer ProCircuit products over FMF, because of durability of the entire pipe, especially the header.

• MecaMan

Posted February 09, 2014 - 06:58 AM

haha I'm 5'10" 180lbs. Thanks for the opinions guys!

• tex rider

Posted February 09, 2014 - 07:52 AM

What if he weighs 265lbs and rides hills?
You can't decide what his power needs are.

I'm not deciding what he needs. I'm saying the has plenty of power with or without airbox mod!

• woods-rider

Posted February 09, 2014 - 07:58 AM

I have the powercore 4 and it's too loud for my tastes. I put in the quiet spark arrestor insert and it's much better now. It did soften the hit a bit though.

• Krimble

Posted February 09, 2014 - 08:02 PM

From t
What I have heard and seen. The DRD is an awesome sounding pipe, plus it's top notch quality for what you pay for. I never really liked fmf though. They look cheap to me.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.