Plastic Skid plates for steel frame WR450s

Is hyde the only option?  I've heard mixed review on those.  I know there are aluminum bash plates, but I would prefer the plastic ones as they are lighter and don't reflect so much engine noise.

I might just have to deal with the noise of the aluminium plates.

I had a Hyde on my '03 and it was awesome. Better than the TMD or the Acerbis by a mile

Whats better with the Hyde vs TMD? I was looking into the TMD for the coverage and that they have a good chain guide reputation. Had a Hyde on my last bike and it cracked about the 4 month mark.

Yeah, I remove it for every oil change ( I keep forgetting to bore a drain hole) and while it surely will not last as long as an aluminium skid plate (forever...), it has been great.

You need to use it more (bash).  I am on my third Flatland (in 6 years though).  Love it, but I abuse them.  I should probably learn how to straighten them better.  The bottom ends up getting contorted enough that it gets hard to align the underneath bolt and the front top bolt.  I stripped out the underneath mounting points threads as the plate was so far out of alignment.

The Flatland plates are tough as hell though.  Hard to get them back to proper alignment without some heavy duty "motivational tools" so I eventually just replace them.  love them though ?

You need to use it more (bash).  I am on my third Flatland (in 6 years though).  Love it, but I abuse them.  I should probably learn how to straighten them better.  The bottom ends up getting contorted enough that it gets hard to align the underneath bolt and the front top bolt.  I stripped out the underneath mounting points threads as the plate was so far out of alignment.

The Flatland plates are tough as hell though.  Hard to get them back to proper alignment without some heavy duty "motivational tools" so I eventually just replace them.  love them though ?

Yeah, but Ken, you use the bottom, sides, and top of your bike as a skid plate too!  ...but I might add to great success, as you can climb any hill you put your mind to climbing....

IMG_0838_zps7cd5ad9e.jpg