Head Pipe to Mid Pipe/Muffler Gasket

No replies to this topic
  • mrgem

Posted February 05, 2014 - 01:28 PM

I am putting my 2003 WR450 back to its factory exhaust from an FMF Titanium in order to quiet it down. The stock headpipe I just bought just will not slip inside the midpipe for some reason. Every time I try to slide it into the midpipe (which has the high temp gaske- 3GW-14714-00-00 - already in it) all I suceed in doing is mashing the leading edge of the gasket. No matter how I try to slip the headpipe into the joint -- it will not go.

Is that because the gasket has already been "crushed" (and made smaller in diameter as a consequence) by the band that goes around the joint? Should I simply buy another gasket and start with it on the head pipe -- rather than in the midpipe?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.