Trail tech computer

26 replies to this topic
  • woods-rider

Posted February 13, 2014 - 02:36 PM

My point is this: you get a warning that your are running hot.....what is that information going to do for you?

If you slow down or stop, the problem gets worse. Most likely you have going slow because you have to.....and can't go faster.

So having that information is pointless, to me when I ride.

If you SOLVE the heat issues, then it's not an issue anymore.

No, I get a warning that I am getting close to being too hot. If I stop the problem gets better (assuming I kill the engine when I stop). I can also ride in a matter that lowers the RPM, whether that's grabbing another gear or just slowing down in the same gear.

• Houghton

Posted February 13, 2014 - 02:49 PM

Did anyone have to drill a hole in their caliper for the sensor? Legend has it.

• jska2636

Posted February 13, 2014 - 03:07 PM

No i didnt have to drill a new hole, but the sensor wouldn't quite fit threw, so i just got a file and filed out the hole just a tiny bit to make it fit, for my application it was like 1/32 " to small so minimal filing was needed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woods-rider

Posted February 14, 2014 - 09:01 AM

Yup... Well, not the caliper itself, but the bracket that the caliper bolts to.

Edited by woods-rider, February 14, 2014 - 09:02 AM.

• funt

Posted February 14, 2014 - 09:31 AM

Some people mount the sensor on the fork guard

• jska2636

Posted November 06, 2014 - 05:22 PM

Trail tech computers are JUNK,CRAP,TRASH,SHIT, DID I MENTION JUNK...don't buy them unless you want a temporary speedo, they don't last long, iv been threw 3 of them in 1 year, crap...defenatly don't buy if you intend on using it on a dirt bike or plan on ever getting wet mudding, caught in the rain, or if ya like to wash you bike cuz they dont hold up any moisture and dont like vibration...WORD OF ADVISE DON'T BUY TRAIL TECH VAPOR SPEEDO U WILL BE DISSAPOINTED

• KennyMc

Posted November 07, 2014 - 02:19 PM

So, should I get a Trail Tech :lol:

Too late, got the Vapor ;)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.