Trail tech computer

Installation is pretty easy.  I made an aluminum mount but they come with a plastic thing.  Speedo is a magnet on the front wheel that replaces one of the disc bolts.  Sensor mounts close so it picks up the pulse.  Temperature guage goes in a radiator hose or sensor on the head of air cooled bikes.  Tach can use several wraps of wire around the spark plug wire or connect to coil hot.  

You mark the tire, roll the bike, measure the circumference and enter that into the unit. 

I've put one on my WR and one on a street bike.  No problems and they both worked well.  

What about wiring it to the stator?

You don't wire it to the stator.

Depending on the model you choose the features you want it to display determines what wiring you will do.

I only do ODO and RPM on mine.

One sensor wire wrapped around the plug wire, and one sensor pick up and magnet for the front wheel.

The rest of the info comes too late to be of any use.

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

You don't wire it to the stator.

Depending on the model you choose the features you want it to display determines what wiring you will do.

I only do ODO and RPM on mine.

One sensor wire wrapped around the plug wire, and one sensor pick up and magnet for the front wheel.

The rest of the info comes too late to be of any use.

Temperature doesn't come too late for me. I can't hear my bike boiling when it's running so the only way I know is when the lights flash on my TT Voyager at my predesignated temperatures. I set them to give me a warning light at 20*F before boil, another warning at 10*F below boil, an alert at boil, and another alert 10* above boil. Really handy. I was also able to figure out my boil temp with this unit and is what I used to set the warning and alert lights.

If it  is too hot, what are you going to do, stop riding? That just makes it worse, with no air on the radiators.  Then you can warp your head or blow a head gasket if you stop.

If it runs that hot, you need to fix it, not just have information at hand that doesn't prevent the problem; higher bar radiator cap, proper jetting/mapping and if needed, a fan.

Vapor trail tech for the price and look im happy. BUT mine has been acting funny, there giving me a new one since iv only had it for 4 monthes, well see how the new one performs..the bracket it comes with is crap and it breaks so i made my own bracket out of stainless steel..

1391660354332.jpg

1391660387668.jpg

1391660402579.jpg

1391660426578.jpg

• Like 1

As far as install its a piece of cake, just follow directions..speedo sensor mounts to front break caliper, u have to drill small hole for the screw to hold the sensor..rpm sensor just wraps around spark plug cable..temp gauge just cut appropriate raidiator hose and slide it in and clamp down, as far as power the one i have has a battery inside so no need to wire it into the bike harness, it has its own power sorce..

• Like 1

If it  is too hot, what are you going to do, stop riding? That just makes it worse, with no air on the radiators.  Then you can warp your head or blow a head gasket if you stop.

If it runs that hot, you need to fix it, not just have information at hand that doesn't prevent the problem; higher bar radiator cap, proper jetting/mapping and if needed, a fan.

If it runs too hot, so you need to change the radiator cap, proper jetting, and all your other suggestions... don't those come a little too late as well?  

How would you even know it was running hot without some external indication if it heats up and you keep riding and then it cools back down?

I'm thinking too much kool-aid, and you're still feeling sick.

If it is too hot, what are you going to do, stop riding? That just makes it worse, with no air on the radiators. Then you can warp your head or blow a head gasket if you stop.

It very rarely ever gets to the boiling point, but since I have the lights set up to warn me before it gets too hot I can either grab another gear and ride it a bit easier for a while or stop and let it cool because I have not got to that overheating point yet.

2012 WR450 - Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

If it runs too hot, so you need to change the radiator cap, proper jetting, and all your other suggestions... don't those come a little too late as well?  

How would you even know it was running hot without some external indication if it heats up and you keep riding and then it cools back down?

I'm thinking too much kool-aid, and you're still feeling sick.

My point is this: you get a warning that your are running hot.....what is that information going to do for you?

If you slow down or stop, the problem gets worse. Most likely you have going slow because you have to.....and can't go faster.

So having that information is pointless, to me when I ride.

If you SOLVE the heat issues, then it's not an issue anymore.