How do I fix this?

7 replies to this topic
  • crucifiedprezsocal

Posted February 03, 2014 - 09:11 AM

I have a 2006 WR450F, we were riding and all of sudden the chain came off, while we started to put the chain back on we noticed where the clutch engages it was broken off/cracked. See picture. Is there another way to fix this other than replacing the crank case? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you unnamed.jpg

Posted February 03, 2014 - 09:20 AM

No help but if it's not leaking oil don't mess with it maybe cover It with black tape and then put a thin layer of quick steel over it and leave it just to keep dirt out

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 03, 2014 - 10:23 AM

Where is your case saver?

That case can be welded, but you will have to dismantle to do it, and get all the oil off.

• mebgardner

Posted February 03, 2014 - 11:15 AM

Ah, so *thats* why we have case savers, and why they call them that...

I was pretty sure the cheap-ass looking plastic part that comes stock was a POS.

Installed one from B&B (see eBay), and very happy with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crucifiedprezsocal

Posted February 03, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Case saver was on, but just the stock one that came with the bike. Like I said not sure what happed, Its not leaking oil so I guess sealing it up will work for now.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 03, 2014 - 11:46 AM

Ah, so *thats* why we have case savers, and why they call them that...

I was pretty sure the cheap-ass looking plastic part that comes stock was a POS.

Installed one from B&B (see eBay), and very happy with it.

The stock case saver is steel, covered by the plastic countershaft guard.

It is ok, but not robust, and does NOT prevent this kind of damage most of the time. 

The large oversize nylon guards work best; TM design works.

• mebgardner

Posted February 03, 2014 - 02:49 PM

The stock case saver is steel, covered by the plastic countershaft guard.

It is ok, but not robust, and does NOT prevent this kind of damage most of the time. 

The large oversize nylon guards work best; TM design works.

Do you have a link to these?  I'm not sure what "oversize nylon guards" look like.

Thanks.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted February 03, 2014 - 04:17 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tm+design+works

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.