2010 yz 450 tank removal

2 replies to this topic
  • jonha

Posted February 01, 2014 - 06:25 AM

Starting a winter rebuild on my 450. Having trouble unplugging the wire connector to fuel pump to pull the tank off. Any tips on what / how this unplugs.  

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gofaster450

Posted February 01, 2014 - 09:46 AM

Its a bit of a struggle but you need to push the "tab" on the electrical connector in at the bottom to. When you do this the "upper" part of the tab will release from the stop that it uses to keep the electrical plug in the fuel pump assembly.

For the fuel line slide the orange outer "tab" down/outward the with your finger and thumb squeeze the two opposing squares that the orange sliding tab secures. When squeezing these squares push the fuel line in as if you were installing it slightly as it allows whatever the two squares lock onto to release a bit easier.

I know that the first time I did it that it was a bit difficult because the manual isn't a 100% clear. Once you do it will make sense. Hope this helps.

• mikedabike

Posted February 01, 2014 - 10:51 AM

Its a bit of a struggle but you need to push the "tab" on the electrical connector in at the bottom to. When you do this the "upper" part of the tab will release from the stop that it uses to keep the electrical plug in the fuel pump assembly.

For the fuel line slide the orange outer "tab" down/outward the with your finger and thumb squeeze the two opposing squares that the orange sliding tab secures. When squeezing these squares push the fuel line in as if you were installing it slightly as it allows whatever the two squares lock onto to release a bit easier.

I know that the first time I did it that it was a bit difficult because the manual isn't a 100% clear. Once you do it will make sense. Hope this helps.

That is the fuel line which is also a pain in the ass. I think he is talking about the electrical connection which is also a pain in the ass.  There should be a little tab you push in and then it slides apart.  If it takes too much force you are doing it wrong.  The issue I think is that it is all one color and hard to tell where it separates.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.