Yz450 problems?

1 reply to this topic
  • hondacrf450r/trx450/400ex

Posted January 31, 2014 - 07:59 PM

Hey guys I was thinking about picking up a 04yz450f that I found a steel on but I'm not posative about it. I know the 04-06 yfz 450s had a lubrication problem in the top end. Did the yzs have it to? Or what are some common problems for a yz450 around that year?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygildark5007

Posted January 31, 2014 - 09:35 PM

I had a 04 yz450 for 7 years and loved that bike! The only thing I didn't like was the 4 speed in the desert. Around 200 hrs I only did one valve adjustment. Then tore it down replaced the piston and crank ( they looked brand new) put in a wr tranny and it was a rocket pulling xr650s threw the wash. On the track 3rd gear did everything! Another 100 hours got a 2011 and sold 04 to friend. It still has had no major problems. As long as you change oil every 2-3 hours bike will run forever. That 5 valve was yamaha a best design. In 135 hours on my 2011 I've done 3 valve adjustments, piston at 100 then oil pump went and seized crank at 135 hours. The 04 was the most reliable bike I've ever had.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.