Broken Bolt

4 replies to this topic
  • gerdesBOSS

Posted January 30, 2014 - 02:19 PM

I have a broken bolt in the frame of my 2003 yz450, it is the bolt that fastens the oil line to the frame.  I have tried reverse drill bits and have now broke two easy outs in the bolt.  The frame of this year also happens to be steel, which makes it impossible to weld a nut to the bolt without welding it to the frame.  This one bolt has caused by bike to be parked for 6 months and has been very frustrating, any suggestions would help.

Attached Thumbnails

• GetAttachmentt.jpg
  • GetAttachment.jpg

• 563ripper

Posted January 30, 2014 - 02:28 PM

look into a rescue bit. ive heard many good things

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gerdesBOSS

Posted January 30, 2014 - 02:44 PM

look into a rescue bit. ive heard many good things

I just watched a youtube video of the rescue bit and I'm going to order one right now. Thanks for the help

• grayracer513

Posted January 30, 2014 - 03:34 PM

The oil line does not bolt to the frame, it bolts to the right crankcase cover, which is aluminum.  Furthermore, the cover is easily removable

• billygildark5007

Posted January 30, 2014 - 07:10 PM

Pull case off bike
Drill out broken bolt
Run in heli coil

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.