gearing?

2 replies to this topic
  • tony_t.

Posted January 03, 2002 - 06:24 PM

I would like to know if I should go with a larger sprocket or is stock the best all around set up. I have an 02 426 and I only ride MX.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOX426

Posted January 03, 2002 - 06:29 PM

50 tooth rear sprocket is the hot setup for all around. If you ride tighter tracks or want more snap at loss of some top end run a 51 tooth. I do and it works well because I never get into 5th on the track anyway.

• yzernie

Posted January 03, 2002 - 07:22 PM

I am running the stock gearing right now. I usually go to a 50 on the rear when it is time for a sprocket change. With a 50 on the rear, I can pull third gear starts on the tracks with a longer start straight. It all depends on the tracks that you ride and what you feel is best for you and your riding style.

I have heard that going one bigger on the front and then 3-4 bigger on the back is a trick the pro's use. I have never tried it geared that way but....maybe next time.

Ernie

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.