2008 YZ450F

6 replies to this topic
  • shuehauls

Posted January 27, 2014 - 07:18 PM

Hey guys

Im looking at a low hour(25) 08 Yz 450

I haven't seen it in person yet,But the owner says it has a slight vibration

My Rmz vibrates  some,so I don't think its a big deal,but I have heard Yamahas are very smooth

I have no experience with yamahas,so Im wanting to know if this is something I should be concerned with

Thanks

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:07 PM

Is he the original owner?  does it vibrate more now then? When did it change?

If the bike has been passed around i would worry.

25 hours - by a 25 year old on the rev limiter?

• SparksXR426

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:24 PM

The seller either:

(A) has a clue, knows something's wrong with the bike and is being upfront or:

(B) has no clue, has never seen the airfilter or has so much as touched a wrench to the bike

I'd be worried either way. My 08 from new was noisy (they all are) but never vibrated much that I noticed. It certainly didn't buzz your fingers through the grips. I'd say if it vibrates as much or more than your RM run away.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shuehauls

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:07 PM

He is the 2nd owner,he got it from a friend of his

He said that the local dealer checked it out and said it was nothing to worry about

Its a very nice bike,but I don't want to buy someone elses problems

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted January 28, 2014 - 05:46 AM

Go check it out ... if it vibrates like a WR500 - run.  Sounds like you may get a great deal.

• grayracer513

Posted January 28, 2014 - 07:32 AM

A mistake that can be made easily enough is to neglect to correctly time the balancer drive gear to the crank.  This, of course, is only likely if the right side of the engine has been disassembled.

• shuehauls

Posted January 28, 2014 - 10:09 AM

He said that the motor has never been apart

He told me that it is a small vibration at low rpms

I think he dosent know mx bikes

He has never raced or rode much off road,he rides a lot of street bikes

The bike is 125 miles away,so I  think I will go look at it this weekend

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.