Decomp plugs ready

3 replies to this topic
  • Vibeguy

Posted January 08, 2004 - 02:39 PM

The aluminum blanking plugs for the manual decomp shaft hole are done and ready to be shipped. The price is $5 ea and includes shipping. PM me with your mailing address and quantity. I'm going to ship the plugs on the honor system until someone proves me wrong. Sorry, no Paypal, please send a money order, personal check or cashiers check.

Photos of plug and installation;

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 09, 2004 - 06:45 AM

Maybe I'm stupid, but why would anyone want to remove the compression release on a Yamaha 4 stroke? Please explain!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted January 09, 2004 - 06:50 AM

The new 03 and newer yz's / wr's have automatuc decompression. There is no compression release lever. Yamaha put a plastic plug in place of the compression release assy in the head. This plug has a tendacy to pop out, puking oil onto the header.

The aluminum plug is a fix to this problem.

• galant2nr

Posted January 09, 2004 - 08:07 AM

Or, your like me and installing a 03 YZ450 cam in your 02 426 and need to plug the hole when I throw my Decomp lever in the TRASH!!! Yeah hoo, I can't wait.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.