looking for???

11 replies to this topic
  • felixx

Posted January 03, 2002 - 11:04 AM

Hey everyone im looking for the fmf powercore 4 for a 2001 426, anyone know chapparrals web address????
Thanks john

• Victor_Delgadillo

Posted January 03, 2002 - 11:30 AM

I do not know the site, but.... I think that are 2 left in http://www.dirt-deals.com at $110.00

• humbertob

Posted January 03, 2002 - 12:05 PM

Chaparral WEB ADDRESS is:

http://www.chaparral-racing.com

Hope this help guy ! :)

• felixx

Posted January 03, 2002 - 01:46 PM

That powercore 4 that is on dirt deals is for the yz400 not the 426, i talked to one of the guys and they said they don't carry fmf 4 stroke products cause they don't like them.???They just had some left over for awhile and are blowing them out. Had me excited....
oh well. And hipersports won't get them for another 2 or 3 weeks.but they have the best price.

John

• Tom_in_KS

Posted January 03, 2002 - 01:58 PM

I think the powercore4 for a 400 should still work for the 426 as I beleive they are interchangeable. You might check with some other people to find out for sure.

I have a 400 and just ordered one from dirt-deals.com and they were not extremely friendly but did not indicate they were not 4-stroke oriented. In fact if you register and create a bike profile they send you weekly e-mails with special offers just for your bike. I get one every Monday with specific offers for my thumper.

Sorry to hear they were not too helpful for ya.

:)

• PK

Posted January 03, 2002 - 03:47 PM

I put a pipe from a 2001 426 on my 99 YZ400, fits fine. I would jump at the $110 deal but I already have 3 different exhausts for my bike and the wife may not understand a fourth...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • felixx

Posted January 03, 2002 - 04:05 PM

Yeah i found out that the 400 and 426 are both interchangable. Then i called back and told them at dirt deals, and he said "well okay" what the hell did that mean???anyway buy the time i called back they were all gone,he said it was an old pipe and they don't even make it anymore. I can't figure out wich one that would have been??

Im out,john

• felixx

Posted January 03, 2002 - 04:07 PM

Sorry i didn't mean to say that dirt deals didn't like thumper products he just said they don't like FMF 4 stroke products..just had to clear that up.

John

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 03, 2002 - 04:23 PM

Do me a favor.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM HIPERSPORTS!!!!!! :D
VERRRRRRY RUDE AND LIARS!!!!
search for my post last jan/feb on hipersports or hypersports.
GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :)
THEY SUCK!!! :D
I would gladly pay 25% more somewhere else!
Just to spite them and to keep them from getting a dime of my $$$ :D

[ January 03, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• Tom_in_KS

Posted January 04, 2002 - 07:47 AM

Hey Felix, I agree with them at Dirt deals that the pipe I orderd is a bit older. The logo on the current power core says "PowercoreIV" and this one says "powercore4" I think this might be the first year they made it as I have looked in several old catalogs and found at least two model changes to the pipe.

I think they still have the megamaxII instock. It cost me $100 and came complete with tunning discs and spark arestor which is a great deal but it may not be what you are looking for. I am sending it back in favor of the power core. I was not crazy about the looks and I think it's a bit more trail riding oriented.... Stupid I know but hey..

Hope you find the pipe you want.

• bbeakley

Posted January 04, 2002 - 08:39 AM

The one that's being discounted is the older Powercore4 with a round core. They've gone to a newer square core design, the PowercoreIV^2. FMF didn't carry extras for the round core, only the square (like spark arrestor end cap or quiet core insert) so I don't think that model is supported anymore. I'd look to either the IV^2 model or check out the hype on the Thunder Alley system. I have the Powercore IV^2 and now after reading everything, I wished I'd gotten the Thunder Alley.

• felixx

Posted January 04, 2002 - 09:20 AM

Thanks I think i understand now...
john

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.