01 wr426 leak

6 replies to this topic
  • enduro426

Posted January 25, 2014 - 02:44 AM

alright so i have a 2001 wr426 and whenever i go for about a half hour to an hour ride, when i shut the bike off itll leak like a cream colored liquid from the oil drain bolt under the bike. is this normal after a ride? if not how could i fix this?

• Tanis

Posted January 25, 2014 - 06:35 AM

Cream colour liquid from oil drain bolt? Sounds like you have water in your oil stop running the bike and dump the oil then flush. Are you loosing radiator fluid quickly? If its water in your oil you need to work out how it got there, water pump shaft seal is a possibility so is a bunch of things, there Are no cream colour liquids in your bike you have a problem!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 25, 2014 - 06:38 AM

A leaking oil drain probably means the crush washer is missing.

Milky means water in the oil.

At the very least, you should check you water pump bearing and seal, and the head gasket.

Typically, a motor with these symptoms is ready for a complete rebuild (head, top end, possibly the crank) anyway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xy500

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:35 PM

Are you sure it isn't your crankcase breather? If it is that's normal

• enduro426

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Are you sure it isn't your crankcase breather? If it is that's normal

if its just that should I do it after every ride though?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:11 PM

No it's not. Condensation builds up over time and creates a milky colored oil in the vent tube, but that is a few cc's.

This has nothing to do with milky crank case oil!

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, January 27, 2014 - 09:11 PM.

• xy500

Posted January 28, 2014 - 01:45 AM

if its just that should I do it after every ride though?

yeppers, every single ride expect a good couple inches round spot of spooge.

How much are you leaking/seeing?

No it's not. Condensation builds up over time and creates a milky colored oil in the vent tube, but that is a few cc's.

This has nothing to do with milky crank case oil!

lol

the drain bolt and the crankcase breather tube end are near each other. The standard breather spooge could be blowing onto the drain plug - mine did.

If there isn't any 'milky' oil in the oil tank then what you are seeing is standard vent hose spooge IMO. If you have an oil/coolant mixing problem all your oil will be milky.

I would start with the simple things before you look at a full rebuild haha!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.