Jedediah Haines championship wr450

26 replies to this topic
  • JwHo_1e

Posted February 10, 2014 - 08:48 PM

The brake hose made that much of a difference.

Interesting!

its not as much of a difference from stock as the gytr tuner or a good slip on pipe like the fmf powercore4, but what good is that power if you can slow down or not hit trees LOL i'll take control and rideabillity over power anyday

• cowboyona426

Posted February 12, 2014 - 02:19 PM

Great thread, thanks for sharing the details on your bike setup!

Yeah, it would do that, alright.  For the unfamiliar, the reason I asked that is that there are 4 different cam sets fro the YZ450, the '03-'05, '06, '07, and '08-'09, each with progressively closer lobe centering and higher rev bias.

grayracer, in your opinion which set would be optimal?  I like the strong low end of my 06 so I was leaning that direction.

• grayracer513

Posted February 13, 2014 - 08:12 AM

The '06 is a good choice, overall, but on paper at least, the '03-'05 cam should be even stronger on the bottom with a little disadvantage at high RPM compared to the '06.

If you use one, you may have trouble getting the electric starter to work well with it because the length, and therefore timing, of the decompression pin may be wrong.  Lots of threads regarding the matter, though, and it can be resolved.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 13, 2014 - 08:47 AM

I'm content with the power spread on my 06, so if I can put a WR in the garage I'd probably go that route.  I'll do some searching for the auto-decomp issue you mentioned, thanks.

• mattmitchell22

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:06 AM

Did you just cut Y pipe out of the stock water pump outlet? Or did you replace it completely with 250f style? if you cut it did you flare end with something?

• JwHo_1e

Posted February 19, 2014 - 10:47 AM

Did you just cut Y pipe out of the stock water pump outlet? Or did you replace it completely with 250f style? if you cut it did you flare end with something?

i just cut the Y section off the fitting, i used a pair of channel locks to flair it out some but not too drastic to tear a hose putting it on, remember to file any burs off though if you cut it!

• mattmitchell22

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:37 PM

Awesome, thanks! Mishimoto discounted YZ250F hoses to 20 bucks pluss shipping so this will be my next mod. Wanted to change hoses when I add MSR rad guards. Thanks again for the info.

Link to hoses.

http://www.mishimoto...owersports.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.