wr450f feel heavy?

24 replies to this topic
  • wadzi90

Posted January 23, 2014 - 06:43 PM

Im considering an x but I really like the ktm 450 xc w...I've seen a couple wr's do just fine in 50 mph plus dez rides, just never hopped on one myself

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:43 PM

Im considering an x but I really like the ktm 450 xc w...I've seen a couple wr's do just fine in 50 mph plus dez rides, just never hopped on one myself

KTM's are for midgets.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wadzi90

Posted January 23, 2014 - 09:02 PM

KTM's are for midgets.

For midgets huh??? OK ive actually been reading about how people feel cramped on x's....Why all the hate on ktm dude

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 24, 2014 - 06:29 AM

For midgets huh??? OK ive actually been reading about how people feel cramped on x's....Why all the hate on ktm dude

...because KTM's have a weight distribution of 56/42, making them 'feel' light, but very hard to corner at speed if you are tall; no place to put you legs, cause you are sitting on the gas cap to keep the front end down...

The CRF450X is second only to the KX/KLX450F in roomieness.

I define this by where you have to sit to get control of the rear wheel under power, by letting it drift.

EG: on a KTM, you must sit on the gas tank to be able to drift the rear wheel and control the drift, if you are tall. If you sit in the 'normal' place, it oversteers to a degree that will not allow you to hold the slide.

This is an ergonomic factor that cannot be modified, like raising the bars or seat. It is engineered into the frame geometry, and can be a very good or very bad thing, depending on your size.

Cockpit size, from my experience:

KX/KLX450

CRF450X

WR450F (pre '12)

RMZ450X

Beta 400/450/498 RR/RS

WR450F (current)

Sherco 300

KTM 250/300/450/500

Clown Bicycle

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick, January 24, 2014 - 06:34 AM.

• wadzi90

Posted January 24, 2014 - 02:31 PM

...because KTM's have a weight distribution of 56/42, making them 'feel' light, but very hard to corner at speed if you are tall; no place to put you legs, cause you are sitting on the gas cap to keep the front end down...

The CRF450X is second only to the KX/KLX450F in roomieness.

I define this by where you have to sit to get control of the rear wheel under power, by letting it drift.

EG: on a KTM, you must sit on the gas tank to be able to drift the rear wheel and control the drift, if you are tall. If you sit in the 'normal' place, it oversteers to a degree that will not allow you to hold the slide.

This is an ergonomic factor that cannot be modified, like raising the bars or seat. It is engineered into the frame geometry, and can be a very good or very bad thing, depending on your size.

Cockpit size, from my experience:

KX/KLX450

CRF450X

WR450F (pre '12)

RMZ450X

Beta 400/450/498 RR/RS

WR450F (current)

Sherco 300

KTM 250/300/450/500

Clown Bicyccle

Lol I personally love clown bicycles, but really dude whatever works for you is cool....But just because you don't like ktm doesn't mean they suck all together....If you worry too much about this and that on your bike too much it takes the fun out of it....just ride

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.