Thunder Alley!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • javelinmxer

Posted January 02, 2002 - 06:54 PM

That's all I hear is that thunder alley is so awesome. But how is it awesome. Are there any numbers showing a hp or torque curve. Where is this pipe picking up power, down low or in the high revs. Does it take the hp over 50hp. Anybody who rode with this pipe on their bike please reply with all info. I need as much hp as I can get, and if this pipe is as good as it sounds I'll order tomorrow. Thanks for your input.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 03, 2002 - 07:42 AM

Ive got a thunder alley pipe, it picks up off idle all the way to the rev limiter. How does it do this you ask? Well my thumping friend, it uses a reverse cone megaphone on a reasonably sized head pipe. The straight pipe guys (DR.D, Pro Circuit, Yosh.) get thier improvements from changing the head pipe length and diameter. Doing this you can make an advance in certain areas, but you'll have to pay for the advance somewhere else. Like the BBR pipe comes with a SX head pipe and an Outdoor headpipe. Go back and look at every single flat track bike out there. From the Nortons to Triumphs to the modern day Harleys (factory harleys) to the Super tracker series. All run a reverse cone meg. I sold my T-4 Pro Circuit for my Thunder Alley. These guys will be at the Anahiem race on Sat. the 5th. Check out the website too. I dont rememeber the address but its listed somewhere on this site. Motoman393 knows where it is.

• motoman393

Posted January 03, 2002 - 01:52 PM

Here is the link to Thunder Alley---- http://www.taliaferr...t/thunderalley/

I will be buying a Thunder Alley pipe whenever my WB R4 wears out! The P.O.S. R4 is rattling itself apart and the 2 piece idea really sucks...the springs fall off (that join the 2 sections together) every 5 rides or so. I also have to use high temp gasket sealer every time I take the muffler can off; because the clearance is too loose! Oh well, another 2-3 months and I will have a Thunder Alley... Later,

Garrett

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • javelinmxer

Posted January 03, 2002 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Shawn Mc, I believe what you are saying to be correct and I'll be contacting Bob tomorrow for an order.

• nvrlift

Posted January 03, 2002 - 07:54 PM

how loud is the pipe compared to stock/or a t4?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted January 04, 2002 - 03:04 PM

As far as noise goes, my pipe seems to be about the same as the T-4. Which seemed the same as the Stock unit, but I think its a little worn. If you go the route of the Thunder Alley, you'll be pleased for sure. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.