2014 Skid Plates?

27 replies to this topic
  • motojase316

Posted March 09, 2014 - 03:32 AM

Here are a couple of pictures of the TM Designworks. I've had it on for almost three months now and it's taken a lot of abuse.

Hey, where did you buy that, There is no listing for it on the TM DESIGNWORKS site??

• drtrcr400

Posted March 09, 2014 - 08:12 AM

It's actually on sale right now too...

http://www.tmdesignw...roducts_id=1085

• motojase316

Posted March 16, 2014 - 08:03 PM

It's actually on sale right now too...

http://www.tmdesignw...roducts_id=1085

Thank you... Got one coming.

• nsdqnav

Posted March 17, 2014 - 09:19 AM

I like the Devol...I put double sided 3m tape in the frame rails before I installed it and there is no noise. I also can change the oil without removing it. I have a carbon one on my KtM but like the devol aluminum in my yz450F better. The carbon puts and scratches...the devol can be touched up with scotchbrite pads.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motojase316

Posted March 20, 2014 - 04:01 AM

I like the Devol...I put double sided 3m tape in the frame rails before I installed it and there is no noise. I also can change the oil without removing it. I have a carbon one on my KtM but like the devol aluminum in my yz450F better. The carbon puts and scratches...the devol can be touched up with scotchbrite pads.

Got a pic of the DEVOL?

• nsdqnav

Posted March 20, 2014 - 04:29 AM

Its this model:

http://www.btosports.com/p/DVESPY

Devol makes great skid plates and radiator guards.  I personally think aluminum is the best material for a skid plate...carbon looks trick but can gouge and splinter if it gets hit hard.

• grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2014 - 07:06 AM

When we got my son's YZ250F in '02, it had CF case guards on it from Lightspeed.  There's a sneaky rock about the size of a small headstone that likes to hide in this particular bush we ride past.  The trail is a little fast, but it's single track, and you have to watch out for that rock as you go by.  One day when he wasn't paying attention, he got a little too close and the left case guard caught the rock.  The impact knocked him of the bike.  The incident left no more than a small scar on the case guard, although it did knock a good sized chunk off the rock.

How durable carbon fiber is depends entirely on who made it and how.

• hostile silence

Posted March 21, 2014 - 04:57 AM

I just got the works connection extended coverage and it's prime looks great and will help with them dam rocks! Some say it transfers more engine noise but not if you install the thing properly !!! And I love that it doesn't make the bike look like some gay WR !!

Same one I got, I like it a lot, but it didn't like the Red Clay in North Carolina

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.