Rebuilding top end of 01 YZ426F. Help

3 replies to this topic
  • slayde

Posted January 19, 2014 - 04:26 PM

What all needs to be replaced & and what all needs to be looked @. So far I have New Oem cylinder, piston, gasket kit. First time tearing bike engine open.

• 426life

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:37 AM

All depends on hours on the parts. IMO valve seats, springs, cams, timing chain, connecting rod bearing, combustion chamber might be missing some things

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slayde

Posted January 21, 2014 - 09:04 PM

All depends on hours on the parts. IMO valve seats, springs, cams, timing chain, connecting rod bearing, combustion chamber might be missing some things

hey thx for reply, looking into it all now

• 426life

Posted January 24, 2014 - 07:29 AM

I just got some rebuilding my top end last week after a complete tear down of the bike just checking and some powdercoating only problem I found with mine was the cylinder was worn 20 thousandths bigger than it should have been. The rebuild really put the power back into it and didn't change a lot just exhaust and a new jet in the carb.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1390577380.048319.jpg

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.