Piston crown damage

8 replies to this topic
  • DirtyMan

Posted January 18, 2014 - 02:18 PM

Any ideas on what could have caused this?

1390083473577.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted January 18, 2014 - 04:27 PM

Something that the bike "ate".

• DirtyMan

Posted January 18, 2014 - 04:54 PM

Something that the bike "ate".

That was my thought too. I know nothing about this bike bought it not running so everything is getting torn down. I mic everything on the cylinder and piston in spec so I was gonna file the high spots down and re-ring it any reason you can think against this?

• peaceofwork

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:01 PM

dirtyman  after seeing your dual sport bike in the flash flood video (that we laughed so hard about) I,m tempted to say don't spend any more than you have to to get it running. it was priceless seeing the bike go under then the helmet cam go under then up and the claw hand grabbing at the bank- good one.

just a thought but if you buy only new rings they are pricey , piston and rings arnt all that much more than just rings then you know what you have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtyMan

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:06 PM

dirtyman after seeing your dual sport bike in the flash flood video (that we laughed so hard about) I,m tempted to say don't spend any more than you have to to get it running. it was priceless seeing the bike go under then the helmet cam go under then up and the claw hand grabbing at the bank- good one.
just a thought but if you buy only new rings they are pricey , piston and rings arnt all that much more than just rings then you know what you have.

??? Not sure you have the right person you may want to re read that thread hahaha

And the piston is a billet pro circuit high compression unit that measures 100% in spec. It is not by any means a cheap piston.

• peaceofwork

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:08 PM

oh yea but you know the footage?

• DirtyMan

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:27 PM

oh yea but you know the footage?

Yea, pretty cool video dude is lucky to be alive hahaha

• peaceofwork

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:33 PM

those dimples in the crown look minor to me

• DirtyMan

Posted January 18, 2014 - 07:30 PM

those dimples in the crown look minor to me

Agree, I'm just nervous I have never bought anything with no info like this. For all I know it was caught in flood waters hahaha

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.