WR400 coolant leak under waterpump

2 replies to this topic
  • James_Duberg

Posted January 07, 2004 - 02:34 PM

My WR400 has started leaking just a few drops of coolant in the area under the impeller cover. There is a hole in the case that the impeller cover attaches to, just below the impeller cover and just in towards the center of the motor. At first I thought that a screw had fallen out of that hole, but it doesn't seem to be threaded. It is possible that the coolant is coming out of that hole. Or I suppose it is possible that the seal under the impeller cover is leaking, so it just seems like the coolant is coming out of the nearby hole.

Has anybody had that particular problem?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gfergtr74

Posted January 07, 2004 - 04:38 PM

That little hole is a weep hole. A lot of guys have had a few drops out of this. If it is bad it could be the trash seal behind the impeller.

• toolie

Posted January 07, 2004 - 05:27 PM

Thats excactly what my problem was, I replaced a coolant, oil seal and bearing at the impeller. No leaks after that...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.