2011 yz450f opinions

4 replies to this topic
  • 250premixer

Posted January 15, 2014 - 01:18 PM

I may end up with one from a trade. Anything I should know about them? How's the motor handling ect?

• billygildark5007

Posted January 15, 2014 - 07:08 PM

Having a 2011 myself I have no complaints with the motor. With the gytr tuner you can put power and make it pull anywhere you desire. The only issue I had which others have said is the front end feels too light and doesn't bite in corners. Getting suspension done, drd engine relocation kit, lowering radiators and PC lowering link have fixed this issue and have made it the best bike I've ever had. I've heard the 20mm offset clamps work to but never invested in them... The other thing I didn't like is how wide the radiator shrouds are. I added braces, cages, and radiator lowering and this pushed them out 3/4 to 1 inch each side. But I got used to that. I give the bike 8 of 10 overall stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RLV199

Posted January 16, 2014 - 03:52 AM

I have a 2010 that i bought with a Dr.d relocation kit and i have not felt a single "push". I have been riding in pretty sloppy conditions (like first practice at a watered track). I say go for it the engine is great, a little odd at first but after one good ride you will love it!

• mathieu9836

Posted January 17, 2014 - 10:35 PM

Bought a 2010 yesterday, can't wait to take a ride! 

• neddyktm

Posted January 18, 2014 - 12:27 PM

i have a 2011 , I've also had an 09 . the 2011 is the best mx bike I've ever owned the engine seems to be bullet proof ! 3 years now with no issues whatsoever . only thing i would say is rad braces are a must and get the suspension set up properly . other than that an absolutely cracking bike .

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.