Splitting cases on 08 Yz 450

2 replies to this topic
  • Treeyz450

Posted January 15, 2014 - 06:27 AM

Just wondering if there is anything else I should do that is out of the ordinary while I have it torn down. It is a low hour 2008 Yz 450 that is bone stock. I just had a freak occur acne and threw a rod bearing, so I am going to replace the whole crank assembly and put it all back together with new gaskets.

Like I said, this bike has prob 20 hrs on it, new cam chain and tensioner, valves are in spec, piston and cylinder look and mic'd great, just wondering if there is anything else I need to address that I wouldn't know about, as this is my first time rebuilding a thumper.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygildark5007

Posted January 15, 2014 - 07:11 PM

Deffinatly take a good look at the oil pump and circulation passages.

• Treeyz450

Posted January 16, 2014 - 06:18 AM

Thanks will do, I am going to take everything apart, clean and inspect the parts and cases, then put it back together.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.